DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I am trying to get my emu's, but more importantly, wiiflow to work on a HD only setup but its just not doing what it should.
I have posted a syscheck earlier in another post and no-one seen an issue with that so...?

Gone through different setups, the one I am trying now, which still doesnt work properly is like this:

3TB Seagate External USB Device
Partition 1 = 507 GB / fat32 / primary-active
Partition 2 = 118 GB / fat32 / logical
Partition 3 = 2.11 TB / NTFS / logical

Rather than copying the full backup back onto the drive(s), I am trying to add put everything back piece by piece until everything
is working as it should.

So right now I am just dealing with the HB apps like the emu's etc, and of course getting wiiflow up and running with the
plugin pack V5.

If I start up th HBC, and select say snes9xgx, it will load up the program, but it wont be able to load any roms. It will say something
like "can't find a USB partition" or something like that.
And loading up Wiiflow will also work, although there seems to be corrupted images/txt, but it can also not find any plugins?

So it seems like I can intiate a program to run, but once running, that program can no longer access my HD?
I am completely famboozled over what the devil is wrong, because from EVERY faq/tutorial/blurb of insite , I have read, this should all
just work?

If you have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, I am all ears and gratefull as a pig in poop to hear it :-P

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the usb loaders themselves have been updated to work with larger drives like the 3tb ones but i am not sure if the emulators themselves have or not.
The emulators are loading properly because they are on the fat32 drive i am assuming since no homebrew works with ntfs i think.

I think your main issue is that your using 3 partitions. I have never seen anyone use that kind of setup or even attempt to use that kind of setup or ask any questions about it.
I believe the partition you use for all the games ext... must be primary active.

I'm assuming your using the drive for other purposes other then just wii itself because of the 3 partitions.

If possible try only using 2 partitions

1st as fat32 for all homebrew apps/emulator roms and the 2nd partition as ntfs which can store all your wii games plus whatever else your wanting to store on the drive for non wii purposes.

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tnx for the reply ice... Yes what you suggested is what I had been doing earlier, but the same affect was happening... only reason there is three now is that i was going to also incorperate
nand emulation as well. So your suggested setup but on 1st and 3rd partition while the 2nd is another fat32 to house the nand backups. I pretty much give up for now I thinks until
I can afford another drive type/brand to try cause this clearly does not want to work. I even thought maybe trying one of my older versions of the drive model that I believe was only
USB 2.0 since i thought perhaps it was a 3.0 issue, but same deal :-/

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What (external) sector size does the drive have ?
Some programs are only compatible with the conventional 512B sectors not the 4KiB that the first 3TB drives had

Are you using MBR or GTP or hybrid?
GPT support is still rare in WII homebrew.

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What (external) sector size does the drive have ?
Some programs are only compatible with the conventional 512B sectors not the 4KiB that the first 3TB drives had

Are you using MBR or GTP or hybrid?
GPT support is still rare in WII homebrew.

Drive was MBR
Sector part, if your talking about when I created and formated? I set it to 32 For the fat32 partitions via the guiformat tool.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean how you had each partition formatted.

I meant redo your hard drive so it only uses 2 partitions total

1st=fat32
2nd=ntfs

I dont think any of the hombrew apps/usb loaders can use hard drives with 3 partitions.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sector size is a physical property of the drive
it can't be changed

since MBR does not work on 512B drives >2TiB I guess you have a 4KiB drive
some programs are simply not compatible with that whatever you do
check its documentation for details
if not you can only hope and ask for updates

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even check it right now as I gave up with this drive and coverted it back to a 3tb ntfs for running my wii games only with wiiflow. Been copying over from my other drive now for 24 freekin hours :-/

Anywho, totally stupid thought I bet but what are the chances of running a wii system with a say, 4 port usb hub, and have a fat32 on port 1, ntfs on 2 etc...? would be great if it could
work that way, but I'm guessing that would never work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-