• Replies 429
  • Likes 49

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
TEST FBA EMULATOR:

Then all of a sudden the following images where in my gallery: :)
CAwbVU8.jpg

LYPWZQz.jpg

08I9lIX.jpg

fVwUBDZ.jpg

72zYWFv.jpg

pJILIxi.jpg

ooMAwCb.jpg

MarcoMartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For people that can't seem to have this running, just retry and retry over and over until success.
I installed with the "correct" error code on the first try, but then it would always be stuck on the "Run" option with the Pegaswitch logo. Then I insisted on "Run" option over and over again until some error appears. After that, I would restart the switch and go with the install option until the "correct" error code appears and then go with the "Run" option all over again.
After my 20 attempts or so I finally received a screen message saying that Pegaswitch will close. So I closed and went to the album and still, the darn album opens. But the second time I got the message finally went to the album and it worked.

Edit: I am using 128Gb card formatted to FAT32 with 64kb sectors using guiformat.exe

Last edited by MarcoMartins,
Reactions: Masterwin

ballcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I, like many others, am only get to the PegaSwitch screen upon clicking 'Install' and can't get the "2000-1337" error code to indicate successful installation. Something is up. So, I installed a custom DNS server locally and compiled the exploit from source and used the simple provided Web server to server the exploit up. Now, I am able to view errors via Pegaswitch that are happening. Some are as follows (note this is not the whole log, just more interesting pieces):

Code:
in post method
{"msg":"Handle 1 ready"}
{"msg":"Got incoming message on 10001a"}
{"msg":"Writing handle"}
{"msg":"replyandreceive"}
{"msg":"Copying data"}
{"msg":"Pipe closed.  Removing."}
{"msg":"Running installer.nro"}
 - - [19/Feb/2018 12:33:00] "GET /installer.nro HTTP/1.1" 200 -
{"msg":"length: 270336"}
{"msg":270336}
{"msg":"dynamic offset: 0x0"}
{"msg":"IPC message:"}
{"msg":"- Command ID / Result code: Error: 0x1216 (Unable to verify NRO hash or NRR signature in module RO userland)"}
{"msg":"IPC message:"}
{"msg":"- Command ID / Result code: Error: 0x1216 (Unable to verify NRO hash or NRR signature in module RO userland)"}
{"msg":"error in then()"}
{"msg":[826,"0x1216 (Unable to verify NRO hash or NRR signature in module RO userland)","ResultCode@[edited due to links etc - thanks gbatemp]"]}

The error I typically get switch-side is "2011-0301".

It seems like something is up trying to run the installer NRO. Furthermore, researching this particular error, ("unable to verify NRO hash") there are some help threads elsewhere about enabling sdbcore in Pegaswitch (not related to homebrew launcher; just pegaswitch general hello world).

So, I tried to re-compile the "nx-hbexploit300" source, this time enabling sdbcore. It now appears to "do more", and the webbrowser especially tends to spin longer (and/or indefinitely) and such. However, I have waited 10+ minutes, and still nothing.

At a loss now as to what could be causing this. For what it is worth, system version is absolutely "3.0.0", and I am using a switch that shipped with this version (bought a few months ago just for this purpose).

Thoughts?
For what it's worth, I was able to fix this. However, I am not about to go through writing a full tutorial.

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

Of importance here: SetupNew.js sets your switch to allow unsigned NRO execution (ease_nro_restriction -> 1). It looks like this is a permanent setting on the switch. I had to run this twice, and the installer.nro twice. The first time I ran SetupNew.js it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 0 when I started. Fine. The second time I ran it, it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 1 when I started. Woah! It must save this setting for good. This also feeds into the hypothesis that, for those that have this WORKING, probably ran Pegaswitch before and had this NRO setting set to "1" properly before.

It is said that HBL should be setting this to "1" by itself. However, I just don't think appears to be the case.

Anyway, once the above is done and you get your "1337" screen from running installer.nro through vanilla pegaswitch (took me two tries), you can move back to the normal HBL method, click "Run" and eventually will be able to access HBL through your Albums page.

Last edited by ballcity,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I was able to fix this. However, I am not about to go through writing a full tutorial.

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "eval usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

Of importance here: SetupNew.js sets your switch to allow unsigned NRO execution (ease_nro_restriction -> 1). It looks like this is a permanent setting on the switch. I had to run this twice, and the installer.nro twice. The first time I ran SetupNew.js it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 0 when I started. Fine. The second time I ran it, it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 1 when I started. Woah! It must save this setting for good. This also feeds into the hypothesis that, for those that have this WORKING, probably ran Pegaswitch before and had this NRO setting set to "1" properly before.

It is said that HBL should be setting this to "1" by itself. However, I just don't think appears to be the case.

Anyway, once the above is done and you get your "1337" screen from running installer.nro through vanilla pegaswitch (took me two tries), you can move back to the normal HBL method, click "Run" and eventually will be able to access HBL through your Albums page.

Thank you for that info. HBL worked fine for me and I wondered if it was because I had previously run Pegaswitch to reset the RTC and play FLOG (Golf Easter egg). The first step was to execute SetupNew.js.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool you got it working @ballcity, hopefully what you found out can help others. I'm not willing to go through setting up a server for this, so I hope someone can work it out for all us poor souls who can't figure out what went wrong.

MarcoMartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "eval usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

That makes sense. I had already done that since I tested some Retroarch cores before.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't for the life of me get any roms to load in fba. All i get is a black screen with a white flashing square.

MarcoMartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: Tomobobo

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool you got it working @ballcity, hopefully what you found out can help others. I'm not willing to go through setting up a server for this, so I hope someone can work it out for all us poor souls who can't figure out what went wrong.

Edit: Appears to no longer be live. Not surprising.

This is the Pegaswitch server I used before to reset the RTC:

I wonder if it's still being hosted. If it is it may fix your issue. You could try changing your DNS setting to 97.74.232.2 and see if it's still live.

Last edited by DocAmes1980, , Reason: Tested the DNS server. Unable to resolve DNS. Likely dead.
Reactions: Tomobobo

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't for the life of me get any roms to load in fba. All i get is a black screen with a white flashing square.

I had that happen with the few NEOGEO games I tried to run. I assumed I had the wrong BIOS (I have two BIOS files. unibios1.3 and one that's just called neogeo). I tried a couple of other games and got an error, "DRIVER INIT FAILED." Is it happening with non NEOGEO ROMs?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't seem to still be alive.

Oh well. I'll bet a fix is coming fast. Seems like it will be a simple tweak. I don't blame you for not wanting to host Pegaswitch yourself. You're not missing much for now.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right man. I just have been waiting patiently for a launcher, way easier than that stuff for me. It does sound pretty simple I guess, just the HBL guys forgot to enable a flag or something. I can continue being patient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Hi how is everyone doing?