Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ok @blawar , why in the world would you actively block people from using Tinfoil with Hekate?
I don't get it and I don't buy the reasons listed, as I never had a problem with it other than the ones YOU willingly introduced...

How do you justify that?
I don't see why you decided to use your coding talents like that.

Reactions: LokeYourLord

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok @blawar , why in the world would you actively block people from using Tinfoil with Hekate?
I don't get it and I don't buy the reasons listed, as I never had a problem with it other than the ones YOU willingly introduced...

How do you justify that?
I don't see why you decided to use your coding talents like that.

Wasting your breath. If you want to use his software it is on his terms. Don't like it? You are free not to use it.

Anyone tested the 10.0.1 to see if booting stock via fusee-secondary works now? I had to use the stock atmosphere one to boot stock on the 10.0.0 release.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that, but there are certain ... reasons ... to use Tinfoil.
It's just very ... convenient.

It was originally just a 10.0.0 patches block, older patches worked fine. Then someone kept spamming a work around for the 10.0.0 patches that required blocking all hekate patches and retroactively blocked all hekate fss0 installs. I tried to avoid doing that, but some triggered hekate autists killed that. Pro tip, if there is a work around, I probably already know about it. Dont post it publicly or I will block it.

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It was originally just a 10.0.0 patches block, older patches worked fine. Then someone kept spamming a work around for the 10.0.0 patches that required blocking all hekate patches and retroactively blocked all hekate fss0 installs. I tried to avoid doing that, but some triggered hekate autists killed that. Pro tip, if there is a work around, I probably already know about it. Dont post it publicly or I will block it.

Sorry, I'm not following the scene enough to know what exactly this means.
It's just sad to see so much splintering.

Why not split the functionalities into different applications instead of putting everything into Tinfoil and therefore requiring NEUTOS / SXOS?
I'm not sure I can trust that AMS fork just for this one purpose and lose functionality/convenience.

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i am using last sxos beta with emummc on fw 9.2 and just installed hbg. All went fine but after installing a game i got the black square instead the game icon in home menu. I tried reinstalling tinfoil but no luck. What can i do?

Last edited by jacopastorius,

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm not following the scene enough to know what exactly this means.
It's just sad to see so much splintering.

Why not split the functionalities into different applications instead of putting everything into Tinfoil and therefore requiring NEUTOS / SXOS?
I'm not sure I can trust that AMS fork just for this one purpose and lose functionality/convenience.

The source code is on github, it just a fork without cal0 protection and since a couple of days ago some rebranding.

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The source code is on github, it just a fork without cal0 protection and since a couple of days ago some rebranding.

The cal0 protection is there for a reason though, right?
NEUTOS may be open-source, but without that protection Tinfoil can do a lot of stuff that no one can check.

Again, the issue I have is that there is actually no actual reason for all of this.
Tinfoil could still work on AMS/Kosmos, and Incognito could also work fine.

Claiming that AMS broke compatibility with Tinfoil (as the dev and his cult do) is just utter rubbish.

Reactions: LokeYourLord

Gaboros92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NEUTOS may be open-source, but without that protection Tinfoil can do a lot of stuff that no one can check.

Again, the issue I have is that there is actually no actual reason for all of this.

Claiming that AMS broke compatibility with Tinfoil (as the dev and his cult do) is just utter rubbish.

Unfortunatelly I have also deleted for this reason. Ok, I can't run on kosmos and hekate I can accept that. But why not in clean atmoshpere? :(

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't see the risk myself, blanked serials and running on emunand.

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't said anything. With the new R45 update it's works again on clean atmosphere. :)
so, if i have neutos and tinforil installed, can i just delete the atmosphere and sept folders and put the clean atmosphere folder in the root in order to have hbg working?

Last edited by jacopastorius,

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Me neither, but it prompted me in the app. And it's working, I tried it. :)
Unfortunately there is no new installer, so it launches R41 as far as I can tell, greets me with "Install the KIP" and then the red error message.
It seems like it is unable to update itself if you can't get past the errors.

Gaboros92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Unfortunately there is no new installer, so it launches R41 as far as I can tell, greets me with "Install the KIP" and then the red error message.
It seems like it is unable to update itself if you can't get past the errors.

I told it to install it. Then it's wanted to delete hekate... which is a bit weird because it's not installed, so I pressed to delete it. I guess it's deleted some unnecessary patches. After this I updated it. To check everything to work I have restarted my console. After reboot It's still working as should be on clean atmosphere.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JimmyBobby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work with vanilla atmosphere with Hekate Emunand? My emulated nand is still on 9.1. Or is Hekate in general a no go now even with Vanilla Atmosphere?

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Will this work with vanilla atmosphere with Hekate Emunand? My emulated nand is still on 9.1. Or is Hekate in general a no go now even with Vanilla Atmosphere?

It works with vanilla Atmosphere now, according to Blawar "The main requirement now is no patches.ini and no kips".
So you would have to delete those from the SD cart and load fusee-primary.bin.

EMUNAND still works fine if you set it up correctly, and I can still use Hekate/Nyx when I inject the Hekate Payload. You just can't boot from Hekate/Nyx into your EMUNAND directly if you want to use Tinfoil, at least as far as I understood.

Last edited by Mindhunter123,

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So why exactly is HBG now again forcing people to not use the OS they like? We already had this before with blawar trying to force people not to use Kosmos and Hekate, and he removed the limitation for a while, but now it's back for no reason at all. The worst is that it worked perfectly fine before I updated, so the only "issues" caused, are caused by blawar, not Hekate or Kosmos. And I will never use shitty SX OS because it's utter trash, has a toxic community (as apparently from their "developers") and steals code. Yeah I rather would not use HBG at all than being forced to use SX OS or clean Atmosphere as there is absolutely no point to block Hekate & Kosmos users besides fragmentation and "I got the bigger dick". How childish, I thought you were better than that blawar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1