Hacking HBC Scam List

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't go to these websites, or any sites that they link to.

1. unlockwii101.com
2. howtounlockwii.net
3. unlockurwiinow.com
4. unlockwiiix.com
5. wii-powerup.org
6. wiiunlocked.com
7. myhomebreware.com
8. brewii.com
9. unlockwiisite.com
10. wiiunlockplus.com
11. savannah.craigslist.org/vgm/2903156304.html

Much much more sites can be added, just PM me and I'll add the scam site to the list ASAP.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those have been around forever. You find people on craigslist selling HBC and backup loaders and hard drives loaded with games all the time.

I even started a huge war against TheXboxGuy (who lives in my city) right here on GBAtemp and everyone shit on the guy.

But yeah, can't do anything to stop them because no one cares to put up the money to take those assholes to court. People just have to learn to come here first. It's because of people like those that XFlak has the scam screen in ModMii.

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those have been around forever. You find people on craigslist selling HBC and backup loaders and hard drives loaded with games all the time.

I even started a huge war against TheXboxGuy (who lives in my city) right here on GBAtemp and everyone shit on the guy.

But yeah, can't do anything to stop them because no one cares to put up the money to take those assholes to court. People just have to learn to come here first. It's because of people like those that XFlak has the scam screen in ModMii.
If "TheXBoxGuy" lives in your city just blow up his house. JK DON'T DO THAT!!!

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well that was a quite humorous video, but I would argue there is some false advertisement going on there, if I may refer you to this point, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9uzUGHJHlPg#t=198s, in the video. This guys imply that playing Nintendo DS games on your Wii is possible, when realistically for 99% of the games you can't get a playable performance out of them which more or less means even though I suppose the Wii can technically play DS games, the experience is far from enjoyable. Oh and I almost forgot

BREWII!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would like to formally issue a challenge to anyone actually providing those scams... best me one-on-one in a ring (or alley, whatever) and I'll give 'em 50% of my donations for a month or 2... but when I win all I want is the enjoyment of teaching them a lesson on video so I can upload it and mock them publicly.

It might sound like I'm joking, but I'm serious. I doubt anyone would actually accept the challenge cuz I'll admit it is somewhat juvenile... but common, wouldn't you want to see XFlak beat the crap out of one of these scam artists? Heck, I could probably try and use such a video to raise awareness\donations for the MS and\or Autism societies... but of course I'll have to have one of my gfx artist buddies cover my face with a stormtrooper helmet to keep my identity secret.

I would honestly love it if I could pull something like that off, but realistically I know it's not gonna happen... but still, it's fun to dream about.

Reactions: 2 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BREWII!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!! :rofl:

*dries tears* Okay...seriously, guys: which wisecracker came up with this video? I know these "unlocking" sites tend to be pretty retarded, but this is just a flat-out parody.

If I had any video editing skills, I'd make such a video about modmii. ("it's modmiii...it's for friiii. And I mean Completeliiii! realliiii! :D ")

Reactions: 2 people

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If "TheXBoxGuy" lives in your city just blow up his house. DO THAT!!!
fixed

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
according to the voice, the guy who talks has a serious overmedication or he is Darth Vaders nephew
Isn't that a voice demodulator setting? I thought it was part of the fun. Kinda going for the "This shit is so illegal I better make sure the police cannot track me by my voice!" style. :lol:

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If "TheXBoxGuy" lives in your city just blow up his house. DON'T DO THAT!!!
fixed
DON't GET ME INTO TROUBLE SO PLEASE DON'T DO IT FOEZ!!!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
according to the voice, the guy who talks has a serious overmedication or he is Darth Vaders nephew
Isn't that a voice demodulator setting? I thought it was part of the fun. Kinda going for the "This shit is so illegal I better make sure the police cannot track me by my voice!" style. :lol:
If only he had ended with "Wii are legion"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol