youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Somehow during the course of upgrading to 4.1U the HBC loads to a black screen. I can't uninstall any cios or anything since it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling using HackMii + Bannerbomb to hope it will fix itself but I get an error in the middle of the installation. My USB loaders and disc loaders work, but I need to access HBC to install the latest loaders. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have usbloadergx, it has it's own homebrew loader mimicking hbc.

usbloadergx can also update itself, assuming you're using a forwarder to access it.

have you tried using anytitledeleter to kill jodi/haxx and then reinstall it?

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
if you have usbloadergx, it has it's own homebrew loader mimicking hbc.

usbloadergx can also update itself, assuming you're using a forwarder to access it.

have you tried using anytitledeleter to kill jodi/haxx and then reinstall it?

Yes, I'm using a forwarder for all of my loaders.
smile.gif
glad my laziness helped me out in the long run. I don't know if I have anytitledeleter or not but I'll try it and use it to uninstall HBC.

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Nov 13 2009, 07:47 PM) You said bannerbomb works, so use that to run .dols.

If you can run bannerbomb you can run apps/installers etc.

Ok, I'll find out as much as I can about bannerbomb to see if I can use it to its full extent.

Thanks everyone.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Just put whatever app you want to use (ATD, cIOS installer, TBR etc etc) on the root of the SD card named boot.dol/elf Then run bannerbomb and the app will launch.

Not sure what you should do to fix your issue, maybe deleted HBC, check your IOS out and try to reinstall HBC.

btw you do know that you get an error running the hackmii installer with GC pads or memory cards inserted (sometimes I've heard) so unplug any GC devises, and if you have things plugged into your USB take them out for a while until you get sorted. Hope you do.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Just put whatever app you want to use (ATD, cIOS installer, TBR etc etc) on the root of the SD card named boot.dol/elf Then run bannerbomb and the app will launch.

Not sure what you should do to fix your issue, maybe deleted HBC, check your IOS out and try to reinstall HBC.

btw you do know that you get an error running the hackmii installer with GC pads or memory cards inserted (sometimes I've heard) so unplug any GC devises, and if you have things plugged into your USB take them out for a while until you get sorted. Hope you do.

I experienced that problem with the GC accessories but I didn't think about USB add-ons effecting the installation either. I'll try it out real quick.

EDIT : Still no dice. Maybe my HackMii is outdated..

EDIT 2: Fixed HBC using bannerbomb to run Wad Manager to boot the HBC wad i found using google. I love the scene
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2