Hacking HBC 1.0.8 Update

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Has any other console hacking team 'reached out' to the respective manufacturer to help them secure their system?
rolleyes.gif
Yes. And succeeded. We haven't, though. Don't worry, your warez is safe.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The person here generously gave me the links to the two files that I need. I hope they work for 4.3 WAN and 1.0.8 homebrew and hope that homebrew does not delete any of my apps that I have downloaded. I am only asking now if I need to press and hold ant buttons during the installation or just a certain controller like only wii mote or gamecube. I am dead serious when I tried this today it gave me a whole Bunch of problems and. Implemented everything right. has anyone else been getting this multi version set error when loading priiloader? I have the apps I am not asking for those now.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smashdude said:
The person here generously gave me the links to the two files that I need. I hope they work for 4.3 WAN and 1.0.8 homebrew and hope that homebrew does not delete any of my apps that I have downloaded. I am only asking now if I need to press and hold ant buttons during the installation or just a certain controller like only wii mote or gamecube. I am dead serious when I tried this today it gave me a whole Bunch of problems and. Implemented everything right. has anyone else been getting this multi version set error when loading priiloader? I have the apps I am not asking for those now.
smashdude. You should ask xflack for help. He knows a lot in this area and is always happy to give someone a hand.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slimmmmmm said:
Thanks for posting m8
smile.gif

I wonder if they sorted a couple of bugs I've heard about.

1 - clicking "return to wii menu" doesn't work and sometimes needs several retries.
2 - some HDD that were 100% working in HBC sometimes don't load when pushin 1 and trying to load from them. sometimes this needs several retries, or sometimes you must reload the HBC again, which sometimes leads to (1) above.

i have both of these issues happening now when 1.0.6 worked flawlessley for me.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am experiencing a problem loading it and let me get specific. It reads ios 58 is not patched with ES_Diversify or something like that.
NOTE you need CIOS for it. I have CIOS 249 it works just fine. What do I do?

Posts merged

Installing Priiloader I mean. The HBC updater worked fine so now I am on 1.0.8.

dwmyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! I can finally use my usb hard drive for apps! Rock'n'roll fellas. Now if I could just get homebrew browser to work without an sd card.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I downloaded to 1.0.8 but am unsure if I did it right. I was led to the hackmii installer v8 which I downloaded and clikced "install Homebrew Channel". I did not un-install it before, was I supposed to un-install it then install it again? Coto I believe told me to for 1.0.7 but I am unsure if that was for 4.3 WAN or 1.0.7. I still have the hackmii installer app in there so I can un-install HBC and install it again if that was what I was supposed to do. Priiiloader still reads an IOS58, CIOS error message though. I thought 1.0.8 was supposed to PATCH IOS 58 so it could get rid of this bug. Just tell me if I need to run the app again and un-install HBC and install it again in order to get IOS 58 patched and the update to run correctly. I have hack mii installer v0.8 inside my apps folder.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck did you do to get the HBC to read the HDD?
dwmyke said:
Woohoo! I can finally use my usb hard drive for apps! Rock'n'roll fellas. Now if I could just get homebrew browser to work without an sd card.

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
smashdude said:
Ok I downloaded to 1.0.8 but am unsure if I did it right. I was led to the hackmii installer v8 which I downloaded and clikced "install Homebrew Channel". I did not un-install it before, was I supposed to un-install it then install it again? Coto I believe told me to for 1.0.7 but I am unsure if that was for 4.3 WAN or 1.0.7. I still have the hackmii installer app in there so I can un-install HBC and install it again if that was what I was supposed to do. Priiiloader still reads an IOS58, CIOS error message though. I thought 1.0.8 was supposed to PATCH IOS 58 so it could get rid of this bug. Just tell me if I need to run the app again and un-install HBC and install it again in order to get IOS 58 patched and the update to run correctly. I have hack mii installer v0.8 inside my apps folder.

I installed priiloader 0.4 using cios249, It said the same thing about not being patched but I just continued anyways and it worked. Don't know about 0.5 though...

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack what do you mean by "just continued and it worked"? I am using Priiloader beta. What do I do and what buttons do I press on what controllers? Thben what do I do afterwards to check if it worked?

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I continued it, it gave me another error than aborted to the loader. It did it so fast that I can't even read what the error was. And only Priiloader Beta will let me extract them atm as files so 0.4 nor 0.5 will work for me.

dwmyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
What the heck did you do to get the HBC to read the HDD?
dwmyke said:

2 things:

You need to have IOS 58. I suppose the easiest way to get that is to go to homebrew browser. Under utilities is a IOS 58 installer.
Once you have 58, install HBC again.

Then, for it to actually use the USB drive, I had to take out my sd card. (Not sure if this is necessary, but that's the only way it read my hard drive)

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
smashdude said:
Jack what do you mean by "just continued and it worked"? I am using Priiloader beta. What do I do and what buttons do I press on what controllers? Thben what do I do afterwards to check if it worked?

Hold down B and press + to start installation with cios249. After it gives you the error choose Yes to continue and it will work, at least it did for me...

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says "unable to move system menu, aborting to loader" after the second try. So for the first try you are saying I should press B then +? They told me to do taht the second try and it STILL failed. Do not press A to install but B and +?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)