Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
noticed this today as well, i thought haxchi sysmenu option supported this until today

It should support everything CBHC supports because they are essentially the same. But you have to use FIX94 version of FTPiiU. Are you sure you are using FIX's version? (Didn't try it myself).

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, another one for the pile, but I direly need help.

While following this guide by the lovely FlimFlam69, I ran into trouble during Step 15
Step 15) Launch Haxchi. After about 30 seconds, it should reload the system menu. This means that you're now running HaxchiFW.​

During that, instead of booting back into the Home Menu, I boot into the Homebrew Launcher.
I've tried multiple things in an attempt to fix the problem, but so far no luck, and always with the same result: Launching into Homebrew Launcher.

Here's a comment chain on reddit where FlimFlam tried to help me, as well as another user.

It's kind of a mess, though. Sorry.
(For reference: I am /u/Too_Young_For_This)

I had the same problem

Did you fix it? did you use this?

jamatoke1 1 point 2 days ago

This is the exact problem I was having. Make sure you have the haxchi folder in the Wii u etc directory AND another one on the root of the sd card. Adding the one to the root with edited config file installed cfw right away. (I installed hb launcher through haxchi without the haxchi folder on root of sd card. Just added it later)

Last edited by PoppaDre,

Eivuiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same problem

Did you fix it? did you use this?

jamatoke1 1 point 2 days ago

This is the exact problem I was having. Make sure you have the haxchi folder in the Wii u etc directory AND another one on the root of the sd card. Adding the one to the root with edited config file installed cfw right away. (I installed hb launcher through haxchi without the haxchi folder on root of sd card. Just added it later)

The "fix" this user suggested was just to make sure I followed the guide, really.
Trust me, I made sure all the files were there and in the right places but it did not work or I wouldn't be here..

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "fix" this user suggested was just to make sure I followed the guide, really.
Trust me, I made sure all the files were there and in the right places but it did not work or I wouldn't be here..

yeah same here i read twice before and twice after and i followed it to a t. Maybe ill try another guide

superoxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a question regarding haxchi update, I installed it quite a while ago and its working, should I update it whats the benefit of the update (changelog)

Thanks

D

Deleted-384698

It should support everything CBHC supports because they are essentially the same. But you have to use FIX94 version of FTPiiU. Are you sure you are using FIX's version? (Didn't try it myself).
definitely
here's a demo of it not working with haxchi sysmenu
and then working with mocha

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
definitely
here's a demo of it not working with haxchi sysmenu
and then working with mocha

I just tested on my system. Works perfectly. I tried with filezilla and WinSCP, both work. I can enter all directories and list all files. Using haxchi 2.4 and FTPiiU from FIX94 (which he updated 11 days ago). If you don't have the latest version go get it from his github.

If that still doesn't work, try another FTP program?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I just tested on my system. Works perfectly. I tried with filezilla and WinSCP, both work. I can enter all directories and list all files. Using haxchi 2.4 and FTPiiU from FIX94 (which he updated 11 days ago). If you don't have the latest version go get it from his github.

I agree it works here also, I've been using filezilla, haxchi 2.4 and FTPiiU Everywhere by FIX94, but its still strange mocha works for you while haxchi doesn't:unsure:

Last edited by Thomas83Lin,

Calahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First I used Haxchi 2.0 alone and it worked fine. (I don't need cold boot.)
Then I saw Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 and realized, that I have to start a sign_patcher before.
For starting that, I needed Homebrew Launcher. So that was not really helpful.

Then I saw Haxchi Direct from Kohmei which would do exactly what I wanted.

So I've installed Haxchi Direct and Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 and it worked fine. Had no problems.
If I wanted to start Loadiine, I started Haxchi Direct, then the Homebrew Launcher Channel and from there I started Loadiine.
When I was quitting Loadiine, it went back to the Homebrew Launcher. Using the Home button, I then closed the Homebrew Launcher Channel and was back to the WiiU menu.
There I could start the Homebrew Launcher Channel again and it worked again. (As expected :) )

Someone wrote Haxchi Direct would be now redundant, so I installed Haxchi 2.4 and setup the configuration button "y" to start Loadiine. So I started Haxchi 2.4, pressed "y" and got into Loadiine.
After pressing the Home button I got back to the Homebrew Launcher 1.4 which had to be on SD card now. (When it was missing the first time, I got error -5.)
After pressing the Home button again, the Homebrew Launcher exited to Mii Maker. Quitting that got me back to the WiiU menu.
Everything seemed to be fine. But then I started the Homebrew Launcher Channel and got error "199-9999". So I had to turn off the WiiU. (Reproducable.)

When I start Haxchi 2.4 with setting default=sysmenu and don't press a button I can start the Homebrew Launcher Channel, Loadiine and can use Homebrew Launcher Channel again.
It seems no patching was done, when starting Haxchi 2.4 with a button pressed, I think. (But I could be wrong :) )

So when I must not press a button, I could use Haxchi Direct again. But maybe it's only a bug and can be fixed. :)
What I really need/want, in any case, is a Loadiine Channel or a forwarder channel to Loadiine. That would be perfect.

All the best,
Calahan

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I used Haxchi 2.0 alone and it worked fine. (I don't need cold boot.)
Then I saw Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 and realized, that I have to start a sign_patcher before.
For starting that, I needed Homebrew Launcher. So that was not really helpful.

Then I saw Haxchi Direct from Kohmei which would do exactly what I wanted.

So I've installed Haxchi Direct and Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 and it worked fine. Had no problems.
If I wanted to start Loadiine, I started Haxchi Direct, then the Homebrew Launcher Channel and from there I started Loadiine.
When I was quitting Loadiine, it went back to the Homebrew Launcher. Using the Home button, I then closed the Homebrew Launcher Channel and was back to the WiiU menu.
There I could start the Homebrew Launcher Channel again and it worked again. (As expected :) )

Someone wrote Haxchi Direct would be now redundant, so I installed Haxchi 2.4 and setup the configuration button "y" to start Loadiine. So I started Haxchi 2.4, pressed "y" and got into Loadiine.
After pressing the Home button I got back to the Homebrew Launcher 1.4 which had to be on SD card now. (When it was missing the first time, I got error -5.)
After pressing the Home button again, the Homebrew Launcher exited to Mii Maker. Quitting that got me back to the WiiU menu.
Everything seemed to be fine. But then I started the Homebrew Launcher Channel and got error "199-9999". So I had to turn off the WiiU. (Reproducable.)

When I start Haxchi 2.4 with setting default=sysmenu and don't press a button I can start the Homebrew Launcher Channel, Loadiine and can use Homebrew Launcher Channel again.
It seems no patching was done, when starting Haxchi 2.4 with a button pressed, I think. (But I could be wrong :) )

So when I must not press a button, I could use Haxchi Direct again. But maybe it's only a bug and can be fixed. :)
What I really need/want, in any case, is a Loadiine Channel or a forwarder channel to Loadiine. That would be perfect.

All the best,
Calahan
The problem is that Haxchi 2.4 doesn't patch signatures unless it loads =sysmenu. If you load homebrew launcher.elf (by holding a button, for instance) it will load the program directly without first patching signatures, so any program you load from HBL (like FTPiiU) will not have signatures patched and will not have access to wupserver. You'd have to load the =sysmenu option first and then load Haxchi again with whatever you want to load like HBL

It seems to me like the default behavior of Haxchi should be patching signatures. If you set default=sysmenu then it simply returns to sysmenu with patches, or if you set default=homebrew_launcher.elf, then it goes to HBL with patches. Right now it only has patches if it returns to sysmenu which is not very good

Last edited by Kohmei,

Eivuiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, another one for the pile, but I direly need help.

While following this guide by the lovely FlimFlam69, I ran into trouble during Step 15
Step 15) Launch Haxchi. After about 30 seconds, it should reload the system menu. This means that you're now running HaxchiFW.​

During that, instead of booting back into the Home Menu, I boot into the Homebrew Launcher.
I've tried multiple things in an attempt to fix the problem, but so far no luck, and always with the same result: Launching into Homebrew Launcher.

Here's a comment chain on reddit where FlimFlam tried to help me, as well as another user.

It's kind of a mess, though. Sorry.
(For reference: I am /u/Too_Young_For_This)

I'm very sorry, but I'm still looking for help on this.

Last edited by Eivuiee,

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I agree it works here also, I've been using filezilla, haxchi 2.4 and FTPiiU Everywhere by FIX94, but its still strange mocha works for you while haxchi doesn't:unsure:

The problem is that FTPiiU everywhere (or also FTPiiU by Dimok) running on Haxchi patches doesn't connect to PC with port 20, but only with 21 (FTP Passive mode).
So only FTP clients configurated as FTP Passive mode will work. If FTPiiU works with Mocha it means that MochaFW doesn't block port 20 from/to PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've finally installed hatchi and I will use it with Quick Start menu. But in Quick Start menu I continue to see the old VC icon (Brain Training) and not the new Haxchi one.

There is a method to refresh the icon cache in Quick Start menu and showing the HAXCHI icon?

D

Deleted-384698

tried gnome native and filezilla both

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very sorry, but I'm still looking for help on this.

Change your config.txt in sd root /haxchi/ to

a=wiiu/apps/hombrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu

Save it. Go back to hbl and reinstall haxchi.

Check path above is correct for you. After install starting haxchi and holding a will take you to hbl. Just clicking on haxchi will take you back to sys menu with sig patches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tried gnome native and filezilla both

Check what balteck said. Try setting ftp client to passive. Failing that, try it on a windows machine.

Eivuiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Change your config.txt in sd root /haxchi/ to

a=wiiu/apps/hombrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu

Save it. Go back to hbl and reinstall haxchi.

Check path above is correct for you. After install starting haxchi and holding a will take you to hbl. Just clicking on haxchi will take you back to sys menu with sig patches.

Followed your directions.
  • Deleted VC game from console
  • Reinstalled VC game
  • Went into HBL from browser
  • Installed Haxchi with your config.txt
  • Restarted console
  • Launched Haxchi
  • Not touching or pressing any buttons
  • End up in Homebrew Launcher
The config.txt that the tutorial/guide provides is:

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
x=
y=
default=sysmenu

Basically the same thing you gave me.
I am not holding any buttons upon launch. Not doing anything. It boots into Homebrew Launcher.
This is getting ridiculous and I'm starting to get kind of riled up at this bullshit.

Last edited by Eivuiee,
Reactions: retrofan_k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each...