Haxchi doesn't make sense

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jchillin111, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jchillin111
    OP

jchillin111 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    PROBLEM SOLVED THANK YOU COMMUNITY!

I have Haxchi on my Wii U, I bought a DS VC game and installed it properly, and it works. All it does is load up the Homebrew Menu, but it doesn't load up any CFW. How do I make Haxchi load CFW? People said I need to change my settings, but that literally doesn't make any sense to me at all. What settings? Can someone please be specific about it? Thank you. I wish I knew what to do but I honestly have no idea.

Someone told me to load Haxchi and hold the A button, but all that did was freeze my Wii U on the "Wii U Menu" loading screen for about 15 minutes.

Last edited by jchillin111, Aug 21, 2018
  2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Maybe you don't have the correct files set up on your sd card

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try holding B instead of A
    even better, try looking at your config.txt file, this is where you define which button does which action.

by default the config is like that :

default=homebrew launcher (default = when no button is pressed)
    b=CFW
    a=fw.img (not for end users, outdated way to boot CFW ! don't use that ! it expect an old CFW file on SD card. just use B instead of A)

you can assign different homebrew to different button, like "WUP installer" to "up" for example, this way no need to launch HBL first.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 21, 2018
    Krazyeye likes this.
  4. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    I think the latest Haxchi doesnt need any button to be pressed to boot into CFW. Pressing A however boots into Homebrew Launcher. Just make sure you have the latest files.

Get the necessary files here:
    https://jorgev259.github.io/wiiusetup/

Last edited by Akira, Aug 21, 2018
  5. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    It depends on the config file. By default it loads HBL. You can change default to CFW in the config file and HBL to B and it will then do the opposite. Load into the main Wii U menu with CFW without holding anything, and load homebrew launcher if B is held.

6. jchillin111
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    Ok guys thank you very much. And to proceed with installing CBHC, all I do is download the file and run it on Homebrew? is that right?

7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you install cbhc, it will replace haxchi and the config.txt will be useless (it will always boot into cfw automatically).
    yes, just run the homebrew, but be sure to download it manually (not from the appstore homebrew, or you'll miss some files).

jchillin111 likes this.
  8. jchillin111
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    so I don't need to worry about deleting haxchi at all when I run CBHC installer is this correct? Also, where can I manually download the CBHC installer?

9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    on CBHC website?
    like... find the CBHC official release thread on GBAtemp, there's a link to the official website to download latest release.
    or any WiiU hacking guide, for example in the guide section, or even in this section there's a pinned thread.

then, no need to care about haxchi, just launch cbhc install it will replace haxchi with cbhc. no need to uninstall anything. the "haxchi icon" will be converted to "do not touch /!\" icon.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 21, 2018
  10. jchillin111
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    Alright I got CBHC on my system properly. Awesome! Does it matter if I still try to use the quick start menu on my wii u gamepad, will that mess with the CBHC process?

11. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    its suggested to turn it off though I dont think it effects anything.

Last edited by Zyvyn, Aug 21, 2018
    jchillin111 likes this.