Hacking Haxchi doesn't make sense

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PROBLEM SOLVED THANK YOU COMMUNITY!

I have Haxchi on my Wii U, I bought a DS VC game and installed it properly, and it works. All it does is load up the Homebrew Menu, but it doesn't load up any CFW. How do I make Haxchi load CFW? People said I need to change my settings, but that literally doesn't make any sense to me at all. What settings? Can someone please be specific about it? Thank you. I wish I knew what to do but I honestly have no idea.

Someone told me to load Haxchi and hold the A button, but all that did was freeze my Wii U on the "Wii U Menu" loading screen for about 15 minutes.

Last edited by jchillin111,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have Haxchi on my Wii U, I bought a DS VC game and installed it properly, and it works. All it does is load up the Homebrew Menu, but it doesn't load up any CFW. How do I make Haxchi load CFW? People said I need to change my settings, but that literally doesn't make any sense to me at all. What settings? Can someone please be specific about it? Thank you. I wish I knew what to do but I honestly have no idea.

Someone told me to load Haxchi and hold the A button, but all that did was freeze my Wii U on the "Wii U Menu" loading screen for about 15 minutes.
Maybe you don't have the correct files set up on your sd card

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try holding B instead of A
even better, try looking at your config.txt file, this is where you define which button does which action.

by default the config is like that :

default=homebrew launcher (default = when no button is pressed)
b=CFW
a=fw.img (not for end users, outdated way to boot CFW ! don't use that ! it expect an old CFW file on SD card. just use B instead of A)

you can assign different homebrew to different button, like "WUP installer" to "up" for example, this way no need to launch HBL first.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Krazyeye

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the latest Haxchi doesnt need any button to be pressed to boot into CFW.

It depends on the config file. By default it loads HBL. You can change default to CFW in the config file and HBL to B and it will then do the opposite. Load into the main Wii U menu with CFW without holding anything, and load homebrew launcher if B is held.

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys thank you very much. And to proceed with installing CBHC, all I do is download the file and run it on Homebrew? is that right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you install cbhc, it will replace haxchi and the config.txt will be useless (it will always boot into cfw automatically).
yes, just run the homebrew, but be sure to download it manually (not from the appstore homebrew, or you'll miss some files).

Reactions: jchillin111

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you install cbhc, it will replace haxchi and the config.txt will be useless (it will always boot into cfw automatically).
yes, just run the homebrew, but be sure to download it manually (not from the appstore homebrew, or you'll miss some files).
so I don't need to worry about deleting haxchi at all when I run CBHC installer is this correct? Also, where can I manually download the CBHC installer?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on CBHC website?
like... find the CBHC official release thread on GBAtemp, there's a link to the official website to download latest release.
or any WiiU hacking guide, for example in the guide section, or even in this section there's a pinned thread.

then, no need to care about haxchi, just launch cbhc install it will replace haxchi with cbhc. no need to uninstall anything. the "haxchi icon" will be converted to "do not touch /!\" icon.

Last edited by Cyan,

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on CBHC website?
like... find the CBHC official release thread on GBAtemp, there's a link to the official website to download latest release.
or any WiiU hacking guide, for example in the guide section, or even in this section there's a pinned thread.

then, no need to care about haxchi, just launch cbhc install it will replace haxchi with cbhc. no need to uninstall anything. the "haxchi icon" will be converted to "do not touch /!\" icon.

Alright I got CBHC on my system properly. Awesome! Does it matter if I still try to use the quick start menu on my wii u gamepad, will that mess with the CBHC process?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.