Homebrew Hax on 11.0

LunarShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently received the news that homebrew and hax has been updated to the latest firmware of 11.0. I updated the 3ds firmware from 10.7. I don't use homebrew for CFW but rather for HANS. I followed the latest guide and installed menuhax on my 3ds, however, all the apps on the starter kit do not work. They boot up and a yellow screen appear on the bottom, I waited for 30 minutes and still nothing happens. Any solutions?

TL;DR Installed menuhax on 11.0, apps do not work from starter kit, yellow screen only

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently received the news that homebrew and hax has been updated to the latest firmware of 11.0. I updated the 3ds firmware from 10.7. I don't use homebrew for CFW but rather for HANS. I followed the latest guide and installed menuhax on my 3ds, however, all the apps on the starter kit do not work. They boot up and a yellow screen appear on the bottom, I waited for 30 minutes and still nothing happens. Any solutions?

TL;DR Installed menuhax on 11.0, apps do not work from starter kit, yellow screen only
lol you updated from exploitable firmware :yay3ds:

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

They should work. Try a different SD card.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its too late now, but, why did you do that? You should of had downgraded over to 9.2...

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He said he isn't using homebrew for "CFW, but for HANS", so that's good for him. Let him be.

He could've have had cfw for the sake of it. With cfw he doesn't have to worry about updating his 3ds because he can now update it anytime he wants. He doesn't have to pirate either if he has cfw. He can use cfw just only for homebrew and hans.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He could've have had cfw for the sake of it. With cfw he doesn't have to worry about updating his 3ds because he can now update it anytime he wants. He doesn't have to pirate either if his sole purpose is homebrew and hans (which cfw does support).
Alright, alright. But if he was on 10.7 using HANS, and updated just because browserhax/menuhax were updated, that means he at least researched on the matter, if he didn't do CFW, it was his decision, it seems.

And I know the advantages of A9LH, I have 3 consoles with it installed.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this probably isnt related to this at all but i installed menuhax on my fully updated system newest firmware no cfw or anything and i used custom themes with the chmm thingy and whenever i move a icon on my homescreen when i turn it back off and on the icon move back

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know this probably isnt related to this at all but i installed menuhax on my fully updated system newest firmware no cfw or anything and i used custom themes with the chmm thingy and whenever i move a icon on my homescreen when i turn it back off and on the icon move back
I think that's a common issue with CHMM. I would recommend organizing your icons as you wish with a normal color theme (official theme), and then activate CHMM once you have them the way you want.

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh that sucks
also can oot3dhax be used on the newest firmware with the digital copy of the game
just wanted to ask while im here

LunarShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point was that I wasn't trying to get any CFW, that is the point, my only use for homebrew was through hans. Smealum stated that both browserhax, menuhax, and OoThax was now compatible with 11.0. My problem seems to be similar to @Tyler Martin. I made my choice to update because I had no intention of using any other uses of homebrew. @Olmectron are you sure using a different SD card is possibly the solution?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The point was that I wasn't trying to get any CFW, that is the point, my only use for homebrew was through hans. Smealum stated that both browserhax, menuhax, and OoThax was now compatible with 11.0. My problem seems to be similar to @Tyler Martin. I made my choice to update because I had no intention of using any other uses of homebrew. @Olmectron are you sure using a different SD card is possibly the solution?
I know for a fact that if you're getting stuck in one of the debug colors, (yellow, white, red). You:

a) Haven't updated the payload.
b) You are missing the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD.
c) Your SD could be corrupt or have some bad sectors on it.

Check every of them.

LunarShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update

So I figured out that it was only my cartridge of OoT was not working, I tried multiple games and they worked perfectly fine. I remember reading how OoThax was dead at the start of 11.0 because some thing about the eshop, but I thought smealum and yellow8 found an alternative method of getting the hax to work again. Is it not possible to install OoT hax through homebrew anymore?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update

So I figured out that it was only my cartridge of OoT was not working, I tried multiple games and they worked perfectly fine. I remember reading how OoThax was dead at the start of 11.0 because some thing about the eshop, but I thought smealum and yellow8 found an alternative method of getting the hax to work again. Is it not possible to install OoT hax through homebrew anymore?
You cannot intall oot3dhax through homebrew as the installer has not been updated. You need a system on 10.7 in order to install it through homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi