Hax on 11.0

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LunarShadow, Aug 2, 2016.

1. LunarShadow
    OP

LunarShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    So I recently received the news that homebrew and hax has been updated to the latest firmware of 11.0. I updated the 3ds firmware from 10.7. I don't use homebrew for CFW but rather for HANS. I followed the latest guide and installed menuhax on my 3ds, however, all the apps on the starter kit do not work. They boot up and a yellow screen appear on the bottom, I waited for 30 minutes and still nothing happens. Any solutions?

TL;DR Installed menuhax on 11.0, apps do not work from starter kit, yellow screen only

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    lol you updated from exploitable firmware :yay3ds:

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    They should work. Try a different SD card.

4. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    Wow, you're an idiot. Why would you update your 10.7 to 11.0? You could've install browserhax and downgraded to 9.2

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  5. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    He said he isn't using homebrew for "CFW, but for HANS", so that's good for him. Let him be.

6. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Its too late now, but, why did you do that? You should of had downgraded over to 9.2...

7. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    He could've have had cfw for the sake of it. With cfw he doesn't have to worry about updating his 3ds because he can now update it anytime he wants. He doesn't have to pirate either if he has cfw. He can use cfw just only for homebrew and hans.

Last edited by cooroxd, Aug 2, 2016
  8. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Alright, alright. But if he was on 10.7 using HANS, and updated just because browserhax/menuhax were updated, that means he at least researched on the matter, if he didn't do CFW, it was his decision, it seems.

And I know the advantages of A9LH, I have 3 consoles with it installed.

Last edited by Olmectron, Aug 2, 2016
  9. Tyler Martin

Tyler Martin GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    i know this probably isnt related to this at all but i installed menuhax on my fully updated system newest firmware no cfw or anything and i used custom themes with the chmm thingy and whenever i move a icon on my homescreen when i turn it back off and on the icon move back

10. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I think that's a common issue with CHMM. I would recommend organizing your icons as you wish with a normal color theme (official theme), and then activate CHMM once you have them the way you want.

11. Tyler Martin

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    is there a way to fix it without resting my system i have it on a new and old 3ds xl

12. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I don't know about that, unfortunately. only used CHMM once or twice.

13. Tyler Martin

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    oh that sucks
    also can oot3dhax be used on the newest firmware with the digital copy of the game
    just wanted to ask while im here

14. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Yes, it works. https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax

15. Tyler Martin

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    well everytime i try to load the installer it stops at a black and yellow screen

16. LunarShadow
    OP

LunarShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    The point was that I wasn't trying to get any CFW, that is the point, my only use for homebrew was through hans. Smealum stated that both browserhax, menuhax, and OoThax was now compatible with 11.0. My problem seems to be similar to @Tyler Martin. I made my choice to update because I had no intention of using any other uses of homebrew. @Olmectron are you sure using a different SD card is possibly the solution?

17. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I know for a fact that if you're getting stuck in one of the debug colors, (yellow, white, red). You:

a) Haven't updated the payload.
    b) You are missing the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD.
    c) Your SD could be corrupt or have some bad sectors on it.

Check every of them.

18. mehmeh11

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    what's hans?

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  19. LunarShadow
    OP

LunarShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Update

So I figured out that it was only my cartridge of OoT was not working, I tried multiple games and they worked perfectly fine. I remember reading how OoThax was dead at the start of 11.0 because some thing about the eshop, but I thought smealum and yellow8 found an alternative method of getting the hax to work again. Is it not possible to install OoT hax through homebrew anymore?

20. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You cannot intall oot3dhax through homebrew as the installer has not been updated. You need a system on 10.7 in order to install it through homebrew.