Homebrew *HAX 2.5 IS UNSTABLE

bunny365

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change the boot.3dsx file -snip-
Incorrect. To downgrade you have to do that AND you have to download an older version of the entrypoint installer and run that.

Eh. You should know that *Hax 2.5 is in beta and isn't labeled under 'stable.' Even Smea said at the end of his video to expect issues to popup.
But if 2.5 is really so unstable, it shouldn't be marked as 2.5, since the API has obviously changed drastically.

Yep, but then you know whyat works and whatnot like I posted here, so maybe easier to fix so he knows what games to fix etc, if that's the case.
Anyways, problem with 3D Land too, freezes on boot, yellow bottom screen, like on BOXBOY!.

EDIT:
Does getting StreetPasses work while in the Homebrew Launcher?
I closed the 3DS.
I have SO many games I could, I'm not even going to try. Also, I believe StreetPasses DO work because I still receive SpotPass notifications and my friend online list flashes. Also, you don't NEED to close the 3DS for StreetPass to work.

NodePoint

  
Trophies
that was a lie -- actually somewhere in europe
XP
Country
United States
But if 2.5 is really so unstable, it shouldn't be marked as 2.5, since the API has obviously changed drastically.
Sure, it should really be something like 3.0 and that's what I thought of too. After trying it out for myself, the changes seem to be mostly to do with the homebrew added and additional modifications the more crucial things like the homebrew menu so that there's more things that the homebrew can do. It isn't an absolute revamp and as Smea said, there's still a lot to do.
All that can be done here when it comes to issues is to report them along with things such as patterns, occurrences, causes, configurations, hardware, software, that stuff.
Smea seems to be aware of many of the issues and the version that has been released was considered stable enough for others to be able to explore its functionality.

FM360

Kappa
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
If you want to continue using all your Homebrew, DO NOT update to *hax 2.5! blargSNES, RetroArch, and CHMM2 don't work, and there's probably several more too! Even the much hyped ability to overclock the 3DS when playing a game doesn't work, as it halves the game's framerate (at least on BIT.TRIP SAGA)!
This is sure to be fixed, but it seems Smealum has fallen asleep. Most we can do is wait until tomorrow...
The only thing unstable about hax 2.5 is that HANS has no c stick support.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
blargsnes does crash exiting it through the red X and you cant start it a second time after exiting it through lrdownb without crashing the hbl.

however, outside of that, it seems to be working exactly like it did before for me.

irvinscastle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blarg was just working for me loaded up a rom too, froze on exit.

after loading up hax again it no longer works.

any ideas?

D

Deleted-236924

I'm told oot3dhax is just kinda hit-and-miss depending on your 3DS version.
I know I have it working on 10.1, I wouldn't be able to tell you if it would be compatible with 9.9

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm on 10.1 with Ironhax 2.5 and I haven't had a single problem yet. I tried all of my homebrew and I didn't encounter a single issue.

D

Deleted User

The only issue i've encountered with 2.5 is that C-stick doesn't work in any homebrew.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
If you're talking about overclocking in HANS then that seems to work. I tested it with MK7 and I noticed a large performance boost.

T_____T It doesn't work AT ALL for me :(
No C-stick, no overclock ... Hans is only useful for me just for changing language :/

I have made everything, update my IronHax installation, downloaded and extracted the new starter.zip ... but nothing :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9