Hacking Having some complications running Trucha Bug Restorer

web01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i succesfully completed the first step of downloading IOS15.
Im having trouble during the second step of installing a patched IOS36 as IOS249

I get the following error message after it begins to install:

Installing...
ES_AddTitleStart returned: -1035
Has your installed IOS36 have a higher revision than 30947
IOS36 Installation Failed
Press any button to exit

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
web01 said:
Ok so i succesfully completed the first step of downloading IOS15.
Im having trouble during the second step of installing a patched IOS36 as IOS249

I get the following error message after it begins to install:

Installing...
ES_AddTitleStart returned: -1035
Has your installed IOS36 have a higher revision than 30947
IOS36 Installation Failed
Press any button to exit

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Downgrade IOS15, exit TBR. Load it up again, and *change* it to load IOS15. Now go ahead and patch IOS36.

web01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes have all the wad files on my SD card and my wii is connected to the internet so i tried downloading them from nintendo also just to be sure they were not faulty.

My wii is version 4.1U if that helps.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are the wads named the way Trucha Bug Restorer expects to be?

QUOTE said:
Names the application 'Trucha Bug Restorer' expects:

IOS15 Downgrade file names:
IOS15-64-v257.wad
&
IOS15-64-v266.wad

IOS15 Restore file name:
IOS15-64-v266.wad

IOS36 Install file name:
IOS36-64-v3094.wad

IOS37 Install file name:
IOS37-64-v3612.wad

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you previously have anything else on this Wii, or is it a brand new untouched (other than HBC installed of course) 4.1U Wii?

web01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had previously installed homebrew channel, boot mii and IOS249 using cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol

I was originally on 3.2U however i have since upgraded to 4.1 and now want to restore the trucha bug.

Look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

and skip to 2:10 thats exactly where my error occurs after if finds all the wad files my comment is first on top

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
web01 said:
I had previously installed homebrew channel, boot mii and IOS249 using cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol

I was originally on 3.2U however i have since upgraded to 4.1 and now want to restore the trucha bug.

Look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

and skip to 2:10 thats exactly where my error occurs after if finds all the wad files my comment is first on top

What are you trying to achieve by installing a patched IOS36 to IOS249 with this if you already installed cIOS rev13. I see no point in doing that at all. You have the trucha bug in IOS249 already if you installed rev13. You have no use for this unless you need to patch IOS36 itself for preloader or something.

Edit: also in the video he is installing that to IOS36, not IOS249.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you really did install cIOS rev13 correctly before you should still be able to use wad manager 1.4 and have it use IOS249 to install wads.

If not then properly follow the video and install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS36, not IOS249. Then run the cIOS rev13 installer again and have that use IOS36 to install (automatically to IOS249).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can't install wads anymore, your cIOS got corrupted somehow. The error message is wrong, thanks for the hint, the next version will fix that. But anyways, the Trucha Bug Restorer can't overwrite a cIOS, it installs as IOS249 revision 1, so it would be a downgrade, but i did not implement downgrade code for that yet. I'm considering doing that right now for the next version.

How to fix that:
Install a patched IOS36 and use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOS249. And then do a clean reinstall with the cIOS installer.

web01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If you can't install wads anymore, your cIOS got corrupted somehow. The error message is wrong, thanks for the hint, the next version will fix that. But anyways, the Trucha Bug Restorer can't overwrite a cIOS, it installs as IOS249 revision 1, so it would be a downgrade, but i did not implement downgrade code for that yet. I'm considering doing that right now for the next version.

How to fix that:
Install a patched IOS36 and use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOS249. And then do a clean reinstall with the cIOS installer.

Ok thanks I will try that solution and hopefully it works.

Just one more question will I need to do anything extra to get installed wad channels to run from from the SD card option in the wii main menu? From what I have tried from some existing games i installed i get a failed to launch message when running from the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...