Hacking Having problem getting Wii to run backups after downgrade

BlackRob183

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so this is how I started, first I did the twilight hack back when I first got my Wii. Then without thinking I just updated when the update came out for 4.0. I could still run the Homebrew channel and whatever minor things with it. I recently got another Wii and since that one was newer and had nothing I decided to give that one to my brother and gave him MH3 so we could play together. I figured since mine was already pre-soft modded it would be easier for me to set up and I had done it before on another Wii he had from a friend but it was below 4.0 so that one didn't take as much work to get working.

So I decided to downgrade to 3.2 US and I got that to work after a bunch of crap and trying to load a backup of MH3 so we can play together obviously. The problem is the backup launchers are not working after doing all the patching and installing guides that I can find. I'm getting the 002 error from the backup launchers and the ret-1 error from Rev7 through wad install on IOS36 and then the ret-1035 error when trying the network install.

I just read a guide on here that says once you downgrade you still can't play backups and need to do something else, but it does not say what to do exactly. That's basically the only lead I have, I've been trying to find all kinds of guides for running backups and none of them are working for me.

I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction as how to get this all solved and a working backup launcher as I cannot figure this out. I wish I would have never upgraded lol can anyone help me out?

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should never have downgraded in the first place, that's really dangerous. Furthermore, it sounds like the method you're using is terribly outdated. Use a stickied guide on top of this forum.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Most likely, in the first instance, missing a trucha bugged IOS.
As already advised use the modify any wii 4.3 and below guide in the stickies above.
There are other ways to mod your wii but first it would require us knowing what IOSes and their versions you have via running an application like syscheck.

BlackRob183

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what should I do exactly then, should I use the above 4.2 guide or the below 4.2 guide or should I post a list like you stated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far