OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

I've just started hacking my wii about 2 weeks ago, so far I have a nice collection of backups now but when I try to backup my new game House of the Dead overkill (PAL) 1:1 copy using image burn, I run into a problem where I can play the game all fine but when I start story mode it goes to the loading screen and then after it it just shows a black screen saying "The disc could not be read, please check your manual" or something similar to that. I thought it was a bad burn so I burnt another copy on 2.5x speed, but this time it let me play the first chapter, I thought it was working and all but after I come back to the game later the day, the problem occured again, and now it's an on and off thing where sometimes it passes the loading screen to the story mode chapter and sometimes it give me the black screen. I use Verbatim Dvd's and burn at 2.5x which hasn't failed me once till now. I also use gamma loader 0.3 and I've tried rebooting with hooks and a straight boot.

Can anyone give me ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Cause I've checked the compatibility list and no one has this problem as they all succeeded. Will try later tonight and get the ntsc version see if that'll work. Also I heard about Softmii just now, should I go for that or should I wait till Softmii 2 comes where GC support is added?

Thanks again,

3dluis

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is the size of the ISO you have? If it's not exactly 4,699,979,776 bytes you could have a bad dump of the original. If you downloaded the ISO, is it truly 1:1 or has it been patched to a specific IOS? What version of the cIOS do you have installed? What type of media do you have? You mentioned Verbatim but is it +R/-R/+RW/-RW? What system menu are you running? Whenever you ask a question please try to provide as much detail as possible in order for others to figure out what's happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0