Hacking Haven't used my Gateway since summer. What do I need to know?

Jay L

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I know this information is likely available in pieces but even then I'm not sure what applies to the firmware at the time the message was posted and what applies to whatever is the latest version out right now (9.4?). I'd feel a lot more comfortable if someone was able to provide me with a direct answer.

Basically I haven't used my 3DS or Gateway since the end of the summer. My cheap knock off SD card got corrupted and I somehow lost all of my streetpass data and downloaded games; I put the 3DS in a draw the day that happened and haven't used it since. I think the firmware at that time was unable to play smash brothers, which had just come out.
Flash forward to now.... Things seem to have changed quite a bit since then. I want to get my 3DS and Gateway card going again. Before I make any irreversible mistakes I have just two questions and would really appreciate if someone was able to give me a definite answer on them.

First, and most important, can my 3ds on firmware 4.4 use emunand to safely update to whatever the latest firmware is right now?
Second; I saw some reference to losing my saved games... Is this correct? (If I keep a SD card with my old emunand on it can I just use that for my old saves?)

Hope my questions are straight forward. Again I'd seriously appreciate any help getting my gateway up and running (and current) again.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Just get the latest launcher.dat file and put it on your big SD card, and you'll be able to update emuNAND to the latest version. Just remember to make sure that when you go into the settings to perform the update, the system version shows GW3D x.x.x-xxU.

Which SD card was it that got corrupted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh