Hacking Discussion Have you had a console ban? (Poll)

Have you had a console ban?

• Total voters

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not banned on neither of my switches but one of my buddies got banned on his dirty sysnand by watching youtube. I think all my buddies going to get banned since they dont have an emmunand they all have dirty sysnand.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No bans yet, I have 2 test consoles:

Console A
- 2017 Switch running 10.0.2 and Atmosphère 0.12
- All games legally purchased from eShop
- First booted Atmosphère in late 2018
- No sigpatches ever used
- Homebrew booted from Homebrew Menu only, no modded .nsps installed
- Modded saves only for offline games
- Never cleared error logs
- System monitor overlay used when connected to the Internet (but not during online gameplay)
- EdiZon overlay used only when offline, completely uninstalled when playing online
- System updates, game updates, eShop installs, and online multiplayer only done when booted in stock sysNAND mode
- eShop and online multiplayer all accessible

Console B
- 2019 Switch Lite running 10.0.2 unmodded
- Linked to the same Nintendo Account as console A
- Played locally with console A and traded items across through AC:NH
- eShop and online multiplayer all accessible

I voted only based on experience from console A but mentioned console B purely for reference purposes.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I knew I was never gonna pay for online once it started so I stopped being careful at that point. I didn't realise at the time it would prevent updates but that turned out to not be a big deal either as rajkosto gave us choi nx before he vanished.

Reactions: peteruk

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first Switch has never seen wifi since I've installed Atmos, Sysnand is on 6.2 or something but I'm using emunand, I bought a lite for playing pokemon online, It's kinda nice to have the option to switch to the dark side and back...

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My launch day Switch got banned about a week after the first hacks were released to the public.

My next Switch is still not banned, despite multiple ban worthy occurrences. The biggest being the emunand connecting to online about 8months ago and downloading a system update, it was full of Nsp's and didn't match the ofw that usually connected in the slightest.

My Switch lite obviously is not banned.

It's worth noting that I have never played or updated an Nsp while online, and only updated Nsp's via awoo. I have used checkpoint to change saves from emu to cfw to lite with no issues, none of those games were first party or competitive online games, the most noteworthy being MH where I transferred my 100hr+ save from my emunand all the way to a new account on my lite.

Also I've used very little homebrew, probably only checkpoint, goldleaf and awoo. Checkpoint I've used whilst online. I have error reporting off and EU data protection.

Chicky_Nuggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using a hacked switch for about 6 months now, never used CFW on sysnand that goes online frequently, and been using incognito emunand for cheating/pirated games/tinfoil for updating, haven't been banned yet and hopefully never will.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is still good, been using SXOS since launch.. I don't install NSP, I do use the nintendo servers to update firmware and game updates for XCI, as well as an extra measure to block reporting servers via a proxy server. I also use eshop regularly but no online play.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it bad if I’ve gotten 6 systems banned within 2 years? All had sx os and atmosphere on them. I’ve finally learned to install incognito and use emunand to avoid a ban lol

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Been a user since SX OS first launched, and installed NSPs on sysMMC. Eventually switched to emuMMC + atmosphere, making sure to delete the installed NSPs from sysMMC, and I have yet to be banned somehow.

Sticker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
my Switch ban after 1.5 years because of SXOS update but forget steal mode, stupid SXOS, I switch to Atmosphere after that and no looked back.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man, my console was banned back to the DevMenu days. I installed that bad boy on my console and I don't think we had 90DNS or stuff like that back then. Also, I used to run Linux on my switch so that might have been it too.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will repeat myself here: I tried to use my XCI games online on two different Switch consoles I had: no nsps, nothing installed besides SX OS and I was only loading the game but still got banned after 2 weeks. It was in September 2020.
On the other console I had I tried to be more careful and I loaded the XCI games offline(airplane mode) with stealth mode on SX OS and only went online later, after rebooting, with the original sysMMC to update my play time on these games and upload my saves - but I was banned too 3 weeks later.

After I got banned, I immediately sold both of the consoles because banned consoles are worthless for me. Somebody else can have these two crap devices but I won't be banned on any of my consoles.
That's when I gave up on CFW.

You can believe me or not but I will say this: Do not use SX OS to play XCI's online. It will get you banned, I can certainly guarantee that.
SX OS is horrible, honestly.
I still wish someone will bring a xci loader for atmosphere.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
You can believe me or not but I will say this: Do not use SX OS to play XCI's online. It will get you banned, I can certainly guarantee that.
SX OS is horrible
Not only sx os is horrible. Playing xcis or nsps online is overall a bad idea. A ban can even happen with atmosphere. That's the reason why the emummc should stay offline. With safety precautions (incognito, 90dns and so on). Everything other is not recommended.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not only sx os is horrible. Playing xcis or nsps online is overall a bad idea. A ban can even happen with atmosphere. That's the reason why the emummc should stay offline. With safety precautions (incognito, 90dns and so on). Everything other is not recommended.
I meant it’s horrible for people who want to go online** sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...