Hacking Have team cyclops done a runner

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have to agree with Rayder now. As the DS is pretty much a lesser platform and the support for the Evo/iEvo is nonexistent, I'd just keep the cart and play away with games that have been released (and possible patch new ones if needed). What I'd still like to see is the OS/FW source being released, but one can't always win..

-Qtis

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We all know that TeamCyclops has always come an gone and such. But have they ever been gone this long before? When was there last update...way back in May? It's almost December and unless this is all just some big hype to get ready for the holidays, TeamCyclops is pretty much dead. Has anyone actually made contact with the creator of the team; not just email that support email that is posted?

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We all know that TeamCyclops has always come an gone and such. But have they ever been gone this long before? When was there last update...way back in May? It's almost December and unless this is all just some big hype to get ready for the holidays, TeamCyclops is pretty much dead. Has anyone actually made contact with the creator of the team; not just email that support email that is posted?
Last year was eerily similar. They updated in May and then seemed to vanish, they resurfaced in November and announced the iEVO. I not getting my hopes up for their return, but I wouldn't count anything out just yet.

I will use my CycloDS until either I beat all my games or it stops working. With the rom tool by RGF, I can fix any game and I dont need any features. TC being gone will not stop me from loving the product I bought in early '08 and continue to use daily. So long TC, dont care bout you, but love my CycloDS Evolution. Beats my DSTWO, DSTT and Wood R4 without competition.
How the hell does the CycloDS beat the DStwo. I have the CycloDSi iEVO and have never even wanted to use it because I have a DStwo.

That's angry fanboy talk
He's in denial, and living in the past

We all moved on to new systems that makes the cycloDS useless...the iEvo can't evole :(
You failed to notice he was referring to the original cycloDS, not the iEVO. If you have a phat/lite and you don't care about extra features(like he mentioned) then the cycloDS is at least just as good as a DSTWO or any other flashcart. So no, he's not an angry fanboy or in denial, he's just not a tool that buys the newest thing because it's shiny and has a bunch of features that he's never going to use.

Cristian_berme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The official forum is back!

www.teamcyclops.com/forum/

Curiously, I sent a email to them yesterday saying that they should listen more to their users... Casuality, or they have seen my message? Only Team Cyclops know :lol:

Cristian_berme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now both the official page and the forums are down LOL
But I'm Happy because I bought a Supercard DStwo and I don't have problems with the updates anymore :yaynds:

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CycloWiz chip in my Wii and I just can't see the point in bothering with them or their site anymore :( the lack of support and patches regarding compatibility among games is quite low for their iEvoloution (from what I hear) but I can say we had a good haul when they were updating it LoL.

D

Deleted-236924

I think it's kinda sad to see that I can get nostalgic over something that happened only two years ago.
Getting nostalgic over the fact that Team Cyclops used to be the best. Their card had the best compatibility out of other flashcards.
The build quality was top-notch and the system menu (while heavily based off the R4 menu) was stable and functional.

I kind of wish I still had my original CycloDS (gave it to my sister when I got a DSTwo), since it had a build quality identical, if not better than retail DS cards.
The game compatibility doesn't annoy me that much, since all the games I'm interested in do work with the current latest firmware.
I liked how cheats and update were handled, by using their own file formats (user.evoCheats and update.evo), which had their own icon which matched the save file icons.
Having save files kept in a separate folder was a nice bonus.

Right now I still have Evolution Tools installed just so Windows can read the header of a rom and display its game icon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over