Hacking Have i got the software and backup launcher to play games?

pbul2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

My friend has given me his Wii, he says it is all ready to play backup games.

On my channels list on my Wii there are 2 channels called :-
- Homebrew Network
- Backup Launcher 0.3g

He said there is software for the PC i need is called: -
- Generic Wii Patcher
- Wii Scrubber
- Wii BrickBlocker

Not sure what versions etc. Im just quoting from the instructions he has given me.

My questions are,

1. Is this still the correct way of doing things?
2. Is the software used right? Any links to latest versions?
3. Are there any guides to show me how to do this, he mentioned 002 errors?
4. Is there a site that has a list of games to let you know if they work or have any 002 or encryption?

Any help or pointers would be great as i dont know where to start and if i have the correct setup.

He has given me a couple of copied games and the work fine, but just want to know how to go about it myself.

Thanks
Paul

pbul2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply,

Still unsure though, is Darkcorps something that you install on your wii system?

I think i have the software on the wii to allow me to play games in "Backup Lancher 0.3g" or do you mean i should install darkcorps instead of?

Im just after the software really to burn, extract and remove any encryption from the discs? I will be copying them to DVD Media not USB.

Whats the best software to use here? Once i get this software and copy a game, it would just be a case of booting up the game from within the "Backup Launcher 0.3g" channel in the wii?

Is there anywhere that tells you if the new releases have the 002 error, as ive read it can brick your wii?

Hope im making sense lol, sorry to be a pain!

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
You Wii may be ready to go, but it sounds out of date, I'd rehack it.

you can use ModMii to do that
just treat your wii as a virgin and rehack everything. It won't hurt it and everything will be up to date.

as for playing the games I'd use Neogamma for DVD-R backups (you can get that from ModMii as well)

pbul2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will installing this get me up to date with everything then?

Are there any dangers of installing this over what i already have installed? / Or any dangers at all?

So ModWii is software that is installed on the wii in order to play backedup games?

And NeoGamma - is used to burn the wii games to DVD Media?

Is there anything else i need to install or should this be everything i need? As i have read people play SNES ROMS an other types on their wii..... can i do this with what you have suggested??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before