Hacking Have Bonsai Barber possesed my Wii? :-O

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I've installed this WAD, played a couple of times and the uninstalled it also using the WAD Manager (no the Data Management menu).

Then, like 3 or 4 days later, I got a message saying "You haven't come to work in a few days... bla bla" without even saying it was from Bonsai Barber (but I guess it was because that was the last game I've played).

I'm assuming that, when playing BB it schedules a message to pop up if 'X' days have passed since it was started. And said message would "expire" if you start the game again before those days. But in this case, since the game was deleted, it still popped up because nobody canceled it. (Pretty lame, as this would happen too if you bought the game and deleted it using Nintendo's means!)

Anyway... my concern is, am I right in my supposition or are there some remains of the game lurking in my Wii's belly?

Thanks in advance.

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?

I forgot to add that this message popped up like 2 weeks ago, and never again. Probably confirming my theory that there's nothing else lurking in there, and that it was a one time only event, right?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The message was probably "sent" to your Wii as soon as you started the game, it just doesnt show up until x amount of days has passed.

a digital version of invisible ink if you will.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe just uninstalling the wad with wad manager still leaves your game save in the Wii memory?

Just a guess. I dunno nuffing.

(edit) dudeonline´s idead sounds good, although I can´t remember ever getting that message.
However, I only moved the game to SD, and never really deleted the title!

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, he said what I also said in my first post.

There were no save game left (I checked), but even if that was still there, the save game is something "inactive" as to be able to send a message to the Wii Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill