ROM Hack Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Hacking Thread

miimiikyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to make it so that Hatsune Miku is completely Black & White to fit Skeleton Orchestra but for some reason, she still has a bit of colour over the black & white part (like there is an overlay with her normal textures). There is also a few items in the stage that still has colours like the title animation and some of the gears which I want to make black & white.
Yeah, that's pretty much the same problem I have too. I also tried making Miku's Infinity module but showed up as the original textures(oh well, the mouth looked kind of ugly being white since I pretty much contrasted the whole texture for the face). Don't know how to fix it.

miimiikyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried using the CTPK tool, but every time I open it, it shows a black window and in less than a second it closes. How do I fix this?

vowoqueoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry to bother but has anyone translated the song lyrics and put them into the game?, could I get that pv_dv_en.txt file?
(sorry for my bad english)

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it should. It has been so long since I've done anything with Mirai, but I'm pretty sure that's how I used to test things when messing with the extracted files. And this was around when hans was first out. I have no clue if different firmwares mess it up or not.

Have you tried just using the plain unmodified extracted romfs folder and see if it works?

AiP24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean an uncompiled folder somehow? Or a romfs file that was unmodified? Because when I try opening the game even without using a rom at all, the bottom screen just turns to red after trying to boot the game. And it freezes.
edit - I'll see if I can find an older version of hans to try it out on
editedit - I can't really find an older copy, does anyone have one?
editeditedit - I'm using a n3dsxl at 11.9 firmware, steelhax an no cfw, the latest update of hans, and my Mirai DX is a digital copy. And my 3ds is red, not that you need to know. Also, sorry for kind of reviving this (probably) dead thread.

the last edit to ever exist - I have luma cfw now... so layeredfs it is.

Last edited by AiP24,

ElSpringlees

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
someone can explain to me how I can edit the pv of a song for a video is that in the explanation at least I understood that said images but not videos

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dj505 if you don't mind, could you explain how the time in the chart editor corresponds to the beats in the game ?
I'm working only a player for pc where one can import the dsc file and the wav file and essentially play the song.
I'm not able to figure out how the time values on the dsc file corresponds to the song inputs

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
@dj505 if you don't mind, could you explain how the time in the chart editor corresponds to the beats in the game ?
I'm working only a player for pc where one can import the dsc file and the wav file and essentially play the song.
I'm not able to figure out how the time values on the dsc file corresponds to the song inputs
Man, honestly, I have no idea. It's been a few years since I've played with this, and I remember having to convert the time between the notes to milliseconds or something for them to show up at the right beats. I was never able to complete a full song since it's so time consuming

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, honestly, I have no idea. It's been a few years since I've played with this, and I remember having to convert the time between the notes to milliseconds or something for them to show up at the right beats. I was never able to complete a full song since it's so time consuming

Thanks for the reply. it's a bummer. I'm partial towards mirai and was hoping to "port" it of sorts to pc. but I'm just stuck. I've dumped the dsc files but don't really know how to overlay it with the music

divixded15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I know I may be pretty late to the party but the link to MiraiToolkit doesn't work (github shows the 404 message). Does anyone still have the tools?
Thank you.

Edit: Managed to find the old Ohana3DS needed to modify textures and the OhanaRebirth to view to models.

Last edited by divixded15,

divixded15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I tried to make it so that Hatsune Miku is completely Black & White to fit Skeleton Orchestra but for some reason, she still has a bit of colour over the black & white part (like there is an overlay with her normal textures). There is also a few items in the stage that still has colours like the title animation and some of the gears which I want to make black & white.
Yeah, that's pretty much the same problem I have too. I also tried making Miku's Infinity module but showed up as the original textures(oh well, the mouth looked kind of ugly being white since I pretty much contrasted the whole texture for the face). Don't know how to fix it.

I know I'm three years late but I'm making this post so if anyone has this problem in the future (like I've had) they can solve it. Also I can't post links right now because of new account so I'll put them when I am able.

I modified the texture of this jacket with oldOhana but the original texture was still partially on top (image 1). However I recently managed to find a version of oldOhana that can modify the different texture layers (check page 4 of the "[WIP] Ohana3DS tool" thread by gdkchan) and after modifying all 6 levels the new textures finally worked properly.
In summary, use that oldOhana to modify all layers.
Hope this is useful for someone!

Attachments

• changed_baseLayer.png
    changed_baseLayer.png
    795.4 KB · Views: 65
  • changed_everyLayer.png
    changed_everyLayer.png
    797 KB · Views: 76
  • changed_everyLayer_sideview.png
    changed_everyLayer_sideview.png
    743 KB · Views: 108
  • layers.png
    layers.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 53

Benn-Mirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I know I'm three years late but I'm making this post so if anyone has this problem in the future (like I've had) they can solve it. Also I can't post links right now because of new account so I'll put them when I am able.

I modified the texture of this jacket with oldOhana but the original texture was still partially on top (image 1). However I recently managed to find a version of oldOhana that can modify the different texture layers (check page 4 of the "[WIP] Ohana3DS tool" thread by gdkchan) and after modifying all 6 levels the new textures finally worked properly.
In summary, use that oldOhana to modify all layers.
Hope this is useful for someone!
im currently modding mirai dx as well.. but how do you get to open these? whenever i try with ohana3ds rebirth i get an error, And the same with other editors.. could you give me a link of wich editor you use please?

divixded15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
im currently modding mirai dx as well.. but how do you get to open these? whenever i try with ohana3ds rebirth i get an error, And the same with other editors.. could you give me a link of wich editor you use please?
Hello, I didn't expect anyone to see this post honestly.
What files are you trying to open? The models are in the folder nwbin and most of them start with obj_. They are .bin so you can't know their real extension, but I think they are .bch.
Try opening the file obj_mikb001.bin. If it still doesn't open then I'll see if I can upload the version of ohana3ds rebirth I'm currently using.
If you have any other doubts/problems feel free to ask.

CrystalMoonKittyCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have updated the Project Mirai DX Romhacking Information Document on Google Drive with some new info! Sadly, I don't speak Spanish, so the Spanish part was not updated. If anyone knows Spanish feel free to port the info!

Also, I thought I would mention that although it's not a fully dedicated modding server a good amount of skilled Mirai modders are in the Project Mirai DX+ Discord server so if you are interested in modding the game feel free to join!

Also feel free to ignore my old post. I know how to add holds to charts now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s