Hacking Has something bad happened to my Wii

chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys can someone give me abit of advice.

Ive just downloaded Dr mario and Star Solsier R from the net and put them onto my SD card with Lost winds and POP (both of which i have installed before and now removed).

So, i put the card into my wii and started Twilight hack no problem, spoke to the guy, the code starts rolling up the screen and then freezes.

Now i put my card back into the pc, coz i though i must be trying to installl to many at once or something and everything is screwed, all the files are corrupt.

Now my wii will recognise the twilight disc but will not load the game(after the warning screen), i get unable to read the disc and my pc will not let me format the SD card????????????

Please help me
thanks

EDIT - By the way, i bought that tv quiz wiiware game this morning, has that anything to do with it???

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have you tried just deleting everything off the card, redownloading all the things that you need from different places, remove the hacked save then put it back on and retying it all?

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
best thing to do would be:
1. format the sd
2. use the wad uninstaller and remove the downloaded wads.
3. then backup your save data.
4. format your wii and redownload your purchessed stuff, reload your save data.
5. then try and install the wad again (try download again from a diff site if pocisable)

NOTE: best not to access the shop with wads installed

chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, ive managed to format my SD Card with some app i found and have put all the files i need back on the card.

I deleted the twilight save file and have reinstalled it to the wii.

The wii will now read the twilight disc again, lets me load up, speak to the bloke, code starts rolling up the screen, but then gets suck again??????

Any advice, this is starting to burn my head out?

tomqman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chadders said:
no, i cant format the sd card and i thought that if u format your wii it gives it a diff id so u cant redownload ur purchased stuff????
you can still redownload purchase games after a format

QUOTE(chadders @ May 21 2008, 08:10 AM) Right, ive managed to format my SD Card with some app i found and have put all the files i need back on the card.

I deleted the twilight save file and have reinstalled it to the wii.

The wii will now read the twilight disc again, lets me load up, speak to the bloke, code starts rolling up the screen, but then gets suck again??????

Any advice, this is starting to burn my head out?
im thinking that its a problem with the sd card itself. if posiable try and get ur hands on another sd card

tomqman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wii has an internal ID that is preserved when you format. Your shop channel account is tied to this ID and will remain valid, even if you format. After formatting, all you have to do is open the shop channel and redownload your games.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
FAT16 and FAT32 are weak and fragile filesystems, it's just a bad luck.

For the game which doesn't launch, I guess it's due to the Twilight Hack savegame. Reinstall it.

QUOTE said:
The Wii has an internal ID that is preserved when you format. Your shop channel account is tied to this ID and will remain valid, even if you format. After formatting, all you have to do is open the shop channel and redownload your games.

Wrong. This ID will be reseted. You will lose every data from the Wii Shop Channel and won't be able do redownload them. The format option is here, because you must reset your Wii ID in the case you plan to sell it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm