Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can only detect a modified save if it fails their sanity checks. meaning it has something not possible to get in game. (too many master balls, pokemon with impossible levels, spiritombs with wonder guard, etc.)

I don't think nintendo can tell the difference between a retail cart with cart header and a digital copy with console header.

What they CAN do.

1)Detect a shared cart private header. if its' used enough, everyone involved gets banned, except maybe the very first to use it.
2)detect going online before the release date. but they have to plan for this. they told reviewers NOT to go online because they were planning on banning EVERYONE that went online before the release date.
3) booby trap pre-release software. it's simple. make sure versions before the final don't respond properly to an online challenge. this is why i will not trust the leaked dump. This does not affect their testing because they can unban themselves. :)

They CANNOT seem to.
1) be able to tell the difference between a cart header and a console header. because of this, cart headers shared between different games are not considered suspicious. only if they are shared between copies of the SAME game d they catch it.
2) detect digital copies of games NOT ON THE ESHOP. this is related to 1 above. if they CAN tell the difference between a digital copy and a cart, they'd ban everyone who played a cia online that's not available form the e-shop. and they would be SAFE in doing so, as digital copies that can't have came from the shop MUST be dumped or downloaded, and nintendo considers that piracy. the fact that they have not proves they can't tell.

Reactions: Rayan92

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They can only detect a modified save if it fails their sanity checks. meaning it has something not possible to get in game. (too many master balls, pokemon with impossible levels, spiritombs with wonder guard, etc.)

I don't think nintendo can tell the difference between a retail cart with cart header and a digital copy with console header.

What they CAN do.

1)Detect a shared cart private header. if its' used enough, everyone involved gets banned, except maybe the very first to use it.
2)detect going online before the release date. but they have to plan for this. they told reviewers NOT to go online because they were planning on banning EVERYONE that went online before the release date.
3) booby trap pre-release software. it's simple. make sure versions before the final don't respond properly to an online challenge. this is why i will not trust the leaked dump. This does not affect their testing because they can unban themselves. :)

They CANNOT seem to.
1) be able to tell the difference between a cart header and a console header. because of this, cart headers shared between different games are not considered suspicious. only if they are shared between copies of the SAME game d they catch it.
2) detect digital copies of games NOT ON THE ESHOP. this is related to 1 above. if they CAN tell the difference between a digital copy and a cart, they'd ban everyone who played a cia online that's not available form the e-shop. and they would be SAFE in doing so, as digital copies that can't have came from the shop MUST be dumped or downloaded, and nintendo considers that piracy. the fact that they have not proves they can't tell.

Thank you for the reply that cleared up some things!

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywah all the top players used pokesave to make sure that their save hacked pokemon are considered legitimate.

not sure how aves are backed up and edited with 3d, but it's probably possible without homebrew or flash carts.

Reactions: Rayan92
D

Deleted User

Wow, wow, wait- this thread is still going? Cant you guys let it sink? Like, the op is from b4 moon was released, its so outdated.. if you have anything to say, its most probably off topic, go make your own threads...

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ywah all the top players used pokesave to make sure that their save hacked pokemon are considered legitimate.

not sure how aves are backed up and edited with 3d, but it's probably possible without homebrew or flash carts.

Yeah but it's good to know that gf is able to now access your save throughout to see if you "hacked" for example can look at your items inventory and not just pkmon legitimacy during online play

D

Deleted User

Yeah but it's good to know that gf is able to now access your save throughout to see if you "hacked" for example can look at your items inventory and not just pkmon legitimacy during online play
yeah but you can still hack it while the game isnt running aka save modification... just hack yourself enough items and no worry about running ntr plugins

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crap lol. I've unbanned it to where I can play online and stuff but I couldn't buy anything if I wanted (which is weird if you ask me lol)
Well yeah, you can reverse the online ban but you can't get rid of the eshop/deviceID ban anymore. (We could before 11.3 with a system transfer but it's been patched)

TheVexedGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well yeah, you can reverse the online ban but you can't get rid of the eshop/deviceID ban anymore. (We could before 11.3 with a system transfer but it's been patched)
Wait, so did Nintendo Patch something on their end or could this still be done if both my banned system and my unbanned one are at 11.2? Or is that not about the NNID, because everything else transferred easily enough...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so did Nintendo Patch something on their end or could this still be done if both my banned system and my unbanned one are at 11.2? Or is that not about the NNID, because everything else transferred easily enough...
It was patched, you can no longer use a device ID that doesn't match your consoles serial. Prior, we could spoof the ID, erase the NNID, and perform a system transfer. Now, if you change the device ID after 11.3 you will get an error message trying to access the eShop/Transfer servers that says "This console cannot use this Device ID"

Reactions: TheVexedGerman

TheVexedGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was patched, you can no longer use a device ID that doesn't match your consoles serial. Prior, we could spoof the ID, erase the NNID, and perform a system transfer. Now, if you change the device ID after 11.3 you will get an error message trying to access the eShop/Transfer servers that says "This console cannot use this Device ID"
So they did patch that server side then. Unfortunate, but I suppose expected. Wish I would've found out about it sooner. Thanks for the info.

t54mod1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.
Can someone explain this betyer or preferibly make it into a video I am kinda lost but I do have a backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated