Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

arceus_69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! test time:

1) Open decrypt9 after doing a TinyFormat or a full format in System Settings on the 2/3DS (MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE)
2) Dump movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B
3) with HxD compare movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B to see if they match, if they don't just copy 0x8 to 0x7 110 from movable.sed to LocalFriendCodeSeed_B
4) Dump SecureInfo_A,
5) PUT THESE THREE FILES IN A SAFE PLACE FOR BACKUP REASONS. MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEARLY LABELED!!!!
6) Hex edit SecureInfo_A and edit the serial number of your console (It will be in the 'Text' section, not the 'Hex' one)
7) Copy the modified SecureInfo_A, the edited LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, and a blank nnidsave.bin (it's just a dummy file, download it) onto the SD card of the banned 2/3DS
8) Inject the modified files using decrypt9
9) Restart your system
10) Attempt to access the online servers for a game

Just edited your guide marksteele

I tried this already, I did it correctly and I injected the edited LFCS_B but I'm still getting the Error: 002-0102
Can anyone just upload a legit LFCS_B file so I can inject it? Or any other way to unban? I just have one 3DS :(

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk i did system format on a9lh 3ds first but turned it off early accidentally from what i remember

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i somehow ended up on 11.1 instead of 11.2 but then updated after that

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GUYS I GOT BANNED !

I installed pokemon Moon trough Freeshop ago 20 Hours. Ago 3min i booted my 3Ds and i started Pokemon Moon WITHOUT TURNING OFF WI-FI.After the intro (i dont loaded my save game, i swear to all the gods from poseidon to medusa) i saw my Savegame, i was close to load it. I pressed the HOME Button on my 3Ds to see if Wi-Fi is on AND IT WAS ON.

Now: How can i see that i got banned ? i am sure i got banned :(((((.How long does it takes that my Console receives the bann from nintendo ? does nintendo banns DIRECTLY (which means NOW because it was ago 3min where i started the game without turning off Wi-Fi) or soon ?

If soon: Any way to change my Consoles key or whatever to avoid the INCOMING bann ? I have only 1x Nintendo 3Ds XL :(.

ps. I live in Germany, so i am sure i got banned :((((

beefsloth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.

Thank you so much for writing this up! I basically did exactly what you said to do. To clarify I am not on an arm9loader cfw, instead I am still using a seperate sysnand and emunand because I set up my n3dsxl with custom firmware before arm9loader was a thing and I haven't felt the need to risk losing my stuff. For reference my sysnand doesn't have a nnid that I am aware of and is on 9.2, while I am using LumaCFW 6.6 with latest system firmware 11.2. What I did was backup sysnand_min.nand and emunand_min.nand just incase anything went array than I backed up my stuff to my pc and finally dumped my EMUNANDs movable.sed and localfriendcodeseed_B, copied offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 from movable.sed and wrote it over the entirety of LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and saved as a different name in case I needed the orignal. Than I simply did as you said and injected only localfriendcodeseed_B with decrypt9wip and have been able to go back online with my new freeshop version of pokemon moon without a hitch, same with sm4sh bros as well. I have not checked for sure if I was banned from the eshop ever like some people were but I have been able to access my friends list and home menu themes so I think I just got banned from online which is now fixed thanks to you and this thread! thank you so much, I thought all hope was lost if it wasn't going to be a temp ban.

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GUYS I GOT BANNED !

I installed pokemon Moon trough Freeshop ago 20 Hours. Ago 3min i booted my 3Ds and i started Pokemon Moon WITHOUT TURNING OFF WI-FI.After the intro (i dont loaded my save game, i swear to all the gods from poseidon to medusa) i saw my Savegame, i was close to load it. I pressed the HOME Button on my 3Ds to see if Wi-Fi is on AND IT WAS ON.

Now: How can i see that i got banned ? i am sure i got banned :(((((.How long does it takes that my Console receives the bann from nintendo ? does nintendo banns DIRECTLY (which means NOW because it was ago 3min where i started the game without turning off Wi-Fi) or soon ?

If soon: Any way to change my Consoles key or whatever to avoid the INCOMING bann ? I have only 1x Nintendo 3Ds XL :(.

Being online with the 3DS by itself doesn't seem to grant a ban. If you didn't connect to any online features of the game you're probably safe

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

lordnelson0405

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GUYS I GOT BANNED !

Ever played sun/moon before 18th (the worldwide release) ?

YDragon2706

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It was explicitly mentioned reviewers playing the review copies should not by any chance touch the online features of the game.
The customer support that i spoke to mention that those that got the cart thru legitimate channel won't be able to access online features... either the review cart was tempered by Nintendo to begin with or the latest firmware is tweaked to allow console that can run unsigned code to go online... if it is the second one meaning Nintendo is purposely trapping CFW users... most probably because they can't detect CFW thru normal means?

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Being online with the 3DS by itself doesn't seem to grant a ban. If you didn't connect to any online features of the game you're probably safe

I dont know the game connected me to any Function. I started the game, then i saw the Intro, i skipped the intro, then i landed in the Menu where i was able to load my Profile (Save). There i didn't pressed ANYTHING, i was only in the Homemenu of the game with turned on Wi-Fi.

So: Is there any Online Function in the "Homemenu" of the game ? please calm me down my hands, my whole body, is shaking..... i am under shock...

Edit:
Ever played sun/moon before 18th (the worldwide release) ?

What do you mean ? i installed it ago 20 hours and i just played like 20 minutes ago 20 hours. Then i goed sleep until now, and now i started the game and i forgot turning off Wi-Fi (And ago 20 Hours i turned Wi-Fi off after i closed Freeshop...and after the 20min playtime,i closed the game, turned on Wi-Fi and turned off my 3Ds and goed to bed and now i forgot turn off Wi-Fi again)

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont know the game connected me to any Function. I started the game, then i saw the Intro, i skipped the intro, then i landed in the Menu where i was able to load my Profile (Save). There i didn't pressed ANYTHING, i was only in the Homemenu of the game with turned on Wi-Fi.

So: Is there any Online Function in the "Homemenu" of the game ? please calm me down my hands, my whole body, is shaking..... i am under shock...
In the main menu the only option with online capabilities is the Mystery Gift.
In the game itself I believe it's only the Festival Plaza. If you stay away from both you're fine.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: mabe where you live