Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Jaydebeste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the leaked version is the freeshop version. Couldn't care about reading 300 pages asking about it. If you have been online before, you will get banned eventually.

Just go buy the game. It's worth getting it if you don't want to risk getting banned at all.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dujk2/psa_sumo_bans_still_rolling_out_caution_for_those/

I didnt even have wifi on when I last played it, hell i even deleted the leaked version and i'm now donwloading the new one.
I just wanna know if the only reason people were getting banned was for going online or using the leaked version or if there is any other way that big N can find out that you are using a hacked console/copy so I can find out if it's now really safe or not

lac667

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know, because I'm lazy from reading for the info from the 300 pages prior to it.
FWIW the leaked version was a cart rip which had version string 0. People have been speculating that the v0 is the reason people got banned, but it's more likely the fact that there was a fuck ton of users on the servers before the game was supposed to be released and they log connections, making it possible to ban users appearing before the street date. Those are the people who were banned, myself included. However, I've gotten around it with a second broken system.

Any game on freeshop is as legitimate as any digital title purchased on the eshop itself, aside from the fact that it's basically stolen.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt even have wifi on when I last played it, hell i even deleted the leaked version and i'm now donwloading the new one.
I just wanna know if the only reason people were getting banned was for going online or using the leaked version or if there is any other way that big N can find out that you are using a hacked console/copy so I can find out if it's now really safe or not

That's my main gripe about using freeShop (Not community consensus, just my own opinion). I believed Nintendo is able to log your connections, and will ban you eventually once they figured out your connections are illegitimate.

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my main gripe about using freeShop (Not community consensus, just my own opinion). I believed Nintendo is able to log your connections, and will ban you eventually once they figured out your connections are illegitimate.

Nintendo fucked up. The tickets on every system are the same, meaning that they have no way of ever knowing who bought and who didn't buy the game.

Once again, you are wrong.

Jaydebeste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that's kinda hard since you are basically donwloading the game from Eshop, Or is there any way to distinguish a CIA from eshop to one of freeshop?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's kinda hard since you are basically donwloading the game from Eshop, Or is there any way to distinguish a CIA from eshop to one of freeshop?
That one I really don't know. I'm pretty sure that is not how they differentiate the connections.

Otherwise, it would not explain why bans are giving out even after release date.

Last edited by delete12345,

ryudo6850

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The moveable into localfriend didn't work for me... and the information is different, I don't quite understand why it didn't work... throws me off.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been off the thread for about a day, anything big I've missed?

Players are getting banned for accessing online features even after release date.

I'm leaning towards to certainty that when connecting online through leaked Pokemon Sun/Moon, the network packets contains your connection info, MAC address (to differentiate local wireless connectivity), and other things. They (Nintendo of Japan) probably use all those info to pinpoint users with leaked copies and just went out banning them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the only people who are getting banned are the ones who went online before the release date right?
Yes, and they are getting banned eventually, as far as we know.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP, I got banned lolol.
Good thing, I did not have my NNID with purchases on it
time to test out some unban methods

wait what?? i saw you a couple of pages and you said you didn't play online before the release, right? crap, does this mean people are still getting banned? glad i still haven't touched online but i'm worried

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait what?? i saw you a couple of pages and you said you didn't play online before the release, right? crap, does this mean people are still getting banned? glad i still haven't touched online but i'm worried
That is why I'm encouraging people to start actually buying a physical copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon, before they all get banned. That way, Nintendo of Japan will be able to "unban" them once they show "proof of purchase".

Unless you want to live in fear.

Jaydebeste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is why I'm encouraging people to start actually buying a physical copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon, before they all get banned. That way, Nintendo of Japan will be able to "unban" them once they show "proof of purchase".

No matter where i search I cant find any reports of people saying they were banned for playing online AFTER the release date.
Are you sure you aren't just being paranoid?

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Taking away our online gameplay is not a motivator to make us buy games. I cancelled my pre-order because of it.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter where i search I cant find any reports of people saying they were banned for playing online AFTER the release date.
Are you sure you aren't just being paranoid?
It's on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dujk2/psa_sumo_bans_still_rolling_out_caution_for_those/

Taking away our online gameplay is not a motivator to make us buy games. I cancelled my pre-order because of it.

Well, taking away online gameplay because they have been known to use the leaked game, which is violating Nintendo policy, is legal. They have already proved only hacked 3DS devices are the only devices able to obtain the leaked copies of the gamse. So, they are in the clear to give out bans.

Last edited by delete12345,

ryudo6850

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually would someone in here be willing to extract a movable.sed from one of my super old nand back ups? If so send me a PM, I kind of want to test that out.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did say that i logged on GTS for a few seconds before.
but oh well, its not really a big deal, as i never have my eshop acc with purchases linked with a hax system

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did say that i logged on GTS for a few seconds before.
but oh well, its not really a big deal, as i never have my eshop acc with purchases linked with a hax system

oh ok well that makes sense at least. still sucks tho :/ i guess the best thing to do is just not try until the there's enough information around

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Actually would someone in here be willing to extract a movable.sed from one of my super old nand back ups? If so send me a PM, I kind of want to test that out.
Without the NANDs xorpads, the only way to extract the movable seed from that backup is to restore the backup into the original console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??