Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just replaced the contents of my LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with the bytes from offset 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 from my moveable.sed, injected it, and I can play online and use the friend list. No 002-0102. I didn't use any files from any backups. I made a nand backup first just in case, but everything seems to still be fine.

So I'm a little confused -- if this works, what are we still talking about?

(Of course I'm still banned from the eShop with error code 022-2812)
Well it doesn't work like that for people that have the same code in both moveable.sed and LFS

BingBong23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, first try to play any other online game for a second just so we can confirm that your boyfriend's 3ds isn't banned. If you don't get an error message, you're in the clear for now. That would suggest that you just need to wait for the eShop algorithm to update/correct itself (rebooting the 3ds might help after 12 ET).

I just confirmed my purchased even though I am using a leaked CIA file. The system notifies me as if I am installing item from the eshop. I'm able to used the game and the save file is not gone. I can use all the online features and I just wonder traded a caterpie for a Japanese Grubbin. I've deposited a Magnemite for an Absol to test the features and succesfuly do so. I have not yet used to Battle features. I'm able to go to eshop and use all the features. The pokemon Moon's update screen showed as if I have purchased the game legally and I can download it as many time I could. Anyway, I will play online within the next 24 hours to see if I really escape the ban wave.

To those who are using CIA and not being banned yet. These are the intentional steps I took that "saves" me from the wave ban.

1. Enable the wifi, then go to eshop. ( Do not open your game yet)
2. If you're playing Moon, got to its page, if you see " To update screen", you're in the same situation as me, if the screen says "tap here to purchase", I don't know what to do about that.
3. If you're good to go, go to home screen then connect to the internet while launching the game, you should be back to where you left before and test the online features.

That's all I can say for now, I will update again.

Last edited by BingBong23,

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is what I was trying out... or I'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work. Someone else should check this.

So, we have confirmation that banned consoles can't generate a new moveable.sed after System Format/Tiny Format?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20161118_0003[1].png
    wp_ss_20161118_0003[1].png
    17.6 KB · Views: 412
  • wp_ss_20161118_0002[1].png
    wp_ss_20161118_0002[1].png
    27.7 KB · Views: 391
Last edited by RCJayce,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is what I was trying out... or I'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work. Someone else should check this.

So, we have confirmation that banned consoles can't generate a new moveable.sed after System Format/Tiny Format?
That's old, we've tried that a while ago, doesn't work

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's old, we've tried that a while ago, doesn't work
Damn, okay... so we have to generate a new moveable.sed with a new LocalFriendCode seed

3Dbrew: "This file is transferred to the destination 3DS during a System Transfer. The movable.sed keyY high u64 is updated on the source 3DS during a System Transfer, and when doing a system format with System Settings."

windman410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean:
Buy cartdrige > put in hacked 3DS > inject save into it > put in legit 2DS > play online
*should* I be safe?
Yea, that should work as well. I don't think nintendo will check to see if a save was made before the game was avaliable.
But this is all especulation, I don't have any more information than anyone else, so I don't know what may happen. If you're not too sure you can always wait a week or two and see what people are saying. If there's no new bans by then, it's safe.

Xocopinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i never even got banned from the eshop so if i unban my 3ds then my console is back to where it was pre ban?

Yes, mine was in the same situation: only banned from online gaming, NNID still fine. (No 022)
There's a chance that's a temporary ban, so backup your seed before doing this.

lordnelson0405

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i even have emergency_movable.sed from when i installed a9lh and its still the same....
My emergency_mov and friendseed was the same, too. But the new movable was different from friendseed.
Do you remember formatting your system since you installed arm9? So is that emergency file from before you formatted your console once?

Reactions: Queno138

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emergency_mov and friendseed was the same, too. But the new movable was different from friendseed.
Do you remember formatting your system since you installed arm9? So is that emergency file from before you formatted your console once?
i cant exactly remember... i did follow plailects guide to the T and have all of my back ups.

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
ugh i can't seem to get Decrypt9 to load up. when i go to launch it in HBL it goes to red screen then kicks back to HBL.

Punishing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Could they have slipped something into the S/M code that detects a pirate version of the game? Nintendo seems pretty confident about this pirate banwave and they shouldn't be, considering playing the game early could've been an honest mistake. I didn't get banned because I knew the high risk of going online with a leaked unreleased game, but I'm thinking that maybe we're not safe even after release with legit .cias if they've somehow slipped something into the code.

Someone more knowledgeable than me could confirm whether this is possible?

lordnelson0405

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i cant exactly remember... i did follow plailects guide to the T and have all of my back ups.
Did you have any software installed before you did arm9 and still got it? Then you probably never formatted the system.
That's how I found out my friend never formatted since arm9. He still has his pokemon oras game which was installed when he bought the game.
And he has the same issue you have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch