Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friend of mine who logged online briefly before the release date got banned today. So they're still banning people.
They didn't get banned before? Or did they not try going online since the banning spree? Seems weird that they'd still be issuing bans nearly a month after the first wave.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

They didn't get banned before? Or did they not try going online since the banning spree? Seems weird that they'd still be issuing bans nearly a month after the first wave.

From what he said, he used the GTS once or something. I really don't know, could be a lie (how much he used it before release) but he was banned today, yeah, nearly a month since launch.

Last edited by Sizednochi,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was a ton of people it wouldn't surprise me if they still giving out bans, especially as time goes on because they would have to verify it.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what he said, he used the GTS once or something. I really don't know, could be a lie (how much he used it) but he was banned today, yeah, almost 20 days after release.
nintendo ban your console based on time you access the in game network. so your friend triggerred the bomb

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nintendo ban your console based on time you access the in game network. so your friend triggerred the bomb
Well, like I said, he used online BEFORE elease briefly, but he was using it daily now after the launch date since it was safe. He's still using Lurantis' .cia file, but I don't think anyone got banned for using that.

I mean he did log in before release so him getting a ban was a given, I'm just curious why it took so long. UNLESS Lurantis' .cia does trigger bans post release, which I think is unheard of?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...but then I could get my o3ds banned by using my retail Sun in which I transfered my Moon save where I wonder traded before release date online...

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, like I said, he used online BEFORE elease briefly, but he was using it daily now after the launch date since it was safe. He's still using Lurantis' .cia file, but I don't think anyone got banned for using that.

I mean he did log in before release so him getting a ban was a given, I'm just curious why it took so long. UNLESS Lurantis' .cia does trigger bans post release, which I think is unheard of?
cia does not trigger the ban.

are you sure it's a permanent ban? can his 3ds access eshop?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok...but then I could get my o3ds banned by using my retail Sun in which I transfered my Moon save where I wonder traded before release date online...
From what I heard you shouldn't transfer a moon save to a sun version. It wrecks in-game events and could lead to problems.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I heard you shouldn't transfer a moon save to a sun version. It wrecks in-game events and could lead to problems.
no, if you tweak a bits.
at least before you go to the altar. but with new version pkhex, you can even edit this event flag. so not a problem at all....

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...so if I were to use the game online on my N3dsxl on which I put a public LFCS_b...It would raise a red flag and I could get the seed banned and screw everyone else who uses it...Good thing I haven't dared to do it...

Sequestrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Man~ My friend who got online a little early hasn't gotten banned, so I guess I better warn them before it happens to them, if it does

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Man~ My friend who got online a little early hasn't gotten banned, so I guess I better warn them before it happens to them, if it does

Don't forget to tell them to unlink NNID before that gets locked. Maybe make a new one for lulz and see if you can get both NNIDs banned.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok...so if I were to use the game online on my N3dsxl on which I put a public LFCS_b...It would raise a red flag and I could get the seed banned and screw everyone else who uses it...Good thing I haven't dared to do it...
AFAIK the bans are over. You should only get a ban if you go online on a game before release.

Of you are using the public LFCS_B with Pokemon now you shouldn't be banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q