Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

SwingBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in theory, if one were to take their 3DS offline and set the date forward to say, 11/20, installed this as a CIA, then never took the 3DS back online, should there be any potential risk/issue so long as the CIA and ticket are uninstalled before taking it back online? Would deleting the save file (however that would be done) be a worthwhile safety measure also?

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can also do the blank nnidsave inject via Decrypt9 method that @StarGazerTom described. But it will remove your NNID and related content from your 3DS. I can now access the eshop just fine.
But... The NTR method works for doing a system transfer?
Im pretty sure that banned people expected a ban at anytime, but not a system transfer lock.
Please... Can someone answer me?

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I believe the ban wave was a really bad move to stop piracy. I'm sure there is someone out there who used a legitimate review copy and is banned because they went online. Also the ban wave doesn't stop piracy from happening at all. It only stops pirates from coming online and it's not like many people play online anyways. Locking out the play store is also a very bad idea because there are pirates who do like to buy games as well. Now pirates ONLY have the option to illegally download games via iso sites or directly from Nintendo's servers via FreeShop and the like.

Nintendo isn't very smart in my opinion. They can't stop piracy and they make it too easy for hackers to break into their systems.

Its really only Nintendo's own fault for loss of sales and I'm sure the Switch won't be any different.

Reactions: Lerhein

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its gonna suck.

I'm considering switching motherboard.

Any idea if motherboard switch will definitely solve the issue?

Motherboard switch should 100% fix it. Everything specific and unique about each console is stored in the motherboard. If you swap out the motherboard it's basically a brand new system. Just make sure you can relink your NNID after swapping the mobos.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is why I haven't finalized my swap yet, I swapped my friendseed and then rebanned myself because I'm fucked if the unbanned friendseed gets banned.

that's pretty much how I feel about this entire scenario.

Well, I don't particular favor online play, and right now there is nothing forcing me to go online to play.

And hilariously, mystery gift doesn't even need online.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first of, the NTR thing eventually fails for me (unable to sign in despite being able to create 011-6901).

Also, system transfer won't fix the banned units,
since its the consoleID/deviceID that is banned.
Now, imagine you have purchased digital games. Also... What is 011-6901?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work