Has anyone got this working?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Sir G, Jul 31, 2009.

?

Have you gotten Moonshell 2 to work with the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expantion pack's RAM? (if so, please po

1. Original 3 in 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New 3 in 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 in 1 Plus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. GBA Sized 3 in 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It is not working (no expantion memory found).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Jul 31, 2009

Has anyone got this working? by Sir G at 6:08 PM (1,018 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Sir G
    OP

Newcomer Sir G Member

United States
    I was just wondering if someone has got the new 3 in 1 to work with Moonshell 2. It shows up as new 3 in 1 on GBA Exploader, not 3 in 1+. Also, if I have the 16 MByte of RAM detected, will I be able to play a 24 FPS, 1028kb/sec DPG without lag? Any help would be appreciated.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    To my knowledge, slot-2 RAM is only used by Moonshell to help decode large JPEG images. It shouldn't do anything to improve video playback. Slot-2 RAM is much slower than on-board RAM, so using it for high-performance stuff isn't really a good idea.

3. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I hear you can boot gba games from moonshell II I'll try it now.

4. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I can't get it to work. Moonshell doesn't recognize GBA files. Maybe there's a plugin

5. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Moonshell can launch homebrew so try it with gbaexploader

6. Sir G
    OP

Newcomer Sir G Member

United States
    Before I begin, thank you very much for replying to my topic. It is helpful.

Anyways, whoever got the New 3 in 1 to work, could you please post instructions?

I have tried using GBA Exploader from the Supercard OS, but Moonshell does not recognize the expantion RAM when I boot it up. If it is possible for GBA Exploader to bring me to Moonshell upon setting the RAM expantion, possibly it could be detected. If anyone can help me do this, again, it would be very helpful and I would be very thankful.

7. mauripena

Newcomer mauripena Advanced Member

Greece
    the 3in1 ram is recognised by moonshell when it is GBA sized. (i have heard so)
    I have the lite and no, it doesn't recognise it.
    the 3in1 RAM isn't slow, and it improves the performance by copying all the files in PSRAM and run them when moonshell needs them.

but I am waiting for an update in moonshell so it can recagnise the 3in1 lite, and plus and all these kinds of 3in1...

8. Sir G
    OP

Newcomer Sir G Member

United States
    Thank you very much again. Now that I know how it works, it makes me more hopeful to get it working. How does the RAM improve the DPG playback? Also, is
    moonshellnds@gmail.com Moonlight's email address? Thank you for any answers again.