Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got it! Changing MAC address on my Galaxy Mini Android device (thanks to RootBrowser app, since MacAdressGhost isn't compatible with Galaxy Mini), it works!

'Street-Home-Passed' someone called Kretiar from Germany. My Mii is called Kaleo. :D

BTW, I've used _The Cloud SSID.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Got it! Changing MAC address on my Galaxy Mini Android device (thanks to RootBrowser app, since MacAdressGhost isn't compatible with Galaxy Mini), it works!

'Street-Home-Passed' someone called Kretiar from Germany. My Mii is called Kaleo. :D

BTW, I've used _The Cloud SSID.

Awesome! And you are in Brazil, so there shouldn't be any problem for the americas. Which MAC did you used?

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jimbolicious = 40:53:50:4F:4F:46
But it won't be me. It'll at least be SignZ or whoever now. I couldn't get anything after I seeded so I figure I'm in cool down for 8 hours. Which is fine cause I'm work until midnight and can't try anyways.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it won't be me. It'll at least be SignZ or whoever now. I couldn't get anything after I seeded so I figure I'm in cool down for 8 hours. Which is fine cause I'm work until midnight and can't try anyways.

I don't think there is an access cool down, maybe just an cool down like normal streetpass between two 3ds's. Someone on neogaf was sitting around getting 10+ streetpasses. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644999&page=4

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel like I'm missing something. Can we get a guide to this put up, preferably one written for the terminally stupid?

I've got an extra router I'm messing with, but if I can do this through the linux on one of my Netbooks, I'd be all for it.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel like I'm missing something. Can we get a guide to this put up, preferably one written for the terminally stupid?

I've got an extra router I'm messing with, but if I can do this through the linux on one of my Netbooks, I'd be all for it.
Google about how to clone your WAN MAC Address. That and creating an open wireless network with a mentioned SSID is all you need.

Although I am still waiting for my street pass on 40:53;50:4F:4F:46.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is an access cool down, maybe just an cool down like normal streetpass between two 3ds's. Someone on neogaf was sitting around getting 10+ streetpasses. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644999&page=4
Oh I think you misunderstood me (or I'm reading wrong because I'm on my phone.) I'm talking a MAC specific cool down. If I would've tried the MAC ending in 47 I doubt the cool down would have effected me, but at the time I was more seeing if we could just one MAC and keep hitting it over and over again.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google about how to clone your WAN MAC Address. That and creating an open wireless network with a mentioned SSID is all you need.

Although I am still waiting for my street pass on 40:53;50:4F:4F:46.

I did that. However, I didn't check all 8 of my 3DS units for hits, just the two I use for Animal Crossing.

I'll try setting up the extra router in a bit again.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just setup my old Linksys WRT54G w/ DD-WRT -- cloned the MAC to: 40:53:50:4F:4F:46

And I got my first Street-Remote-Pass hit within 5 minutes :)

Hit by: David from Calfornia -- wearing a Pirate hat!

By the way, mine is "Tane" from "New York" - i'm wearing a 2D Mario on my head.
I will pass you Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem data.

I'm just going to leave my 3DS on and connected to the "NZone" ap to see if any more hits come in.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do we need an android to streetpass?

There are a few ways to do this.

NOTE: Givens for all 3 methods: (a) Change SSID to one of these NZONE SSID's (b) Spoof your MAC address to 40:53:50:4F:4F:46

- Very Technical, worked once so far in thread: Use a Linux Box (some claim you can use Windows with the right software) and create a SoftAP with a spoofed MAC address. You need two NIC cards for this. A wired (to bring in your current internet) and a wireless (to broadcast the wireless signal for your 3DS to connect to)
- More Technical, reliable: Use your existing or old router, and find a way to spoof the MAC on the router (i.e. flash the router with DD-WRT firmware
- Less Technical, reliable: Use and old Android phone, root it, and use a WiFi Tethering tool that will allow you to spoof the MAC address

All three have been proven to work. I personally got the flashed router to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F