Hacking Hardware NAND Extraction

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news! A friend offered me an old NAND extraction! So I'll be fine if I need to use the Raspberry Pi method.

In the meantime, I still haven't had time to update my 3DS, is that still a good idea? And would that affect my 3DS, or should it be fine?

Afaik, you can't use another system's NAND on yours. They are unique. There would be no hard bricks if we could do that.

And what do you mean by update? Don't you have BlackSOD?

But I'm interested in the Raspberry Pi part. Are you following a tutorial to do that?

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There's emuNAND, if that's what you mean. (Sorry, never really delved into CFW's)

Do you mean you have emunand set up before your brick?
If so you can extract the emunand from the microsd card/ sd card and use that as your sysnand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
to clarify nand backupless unbricks only applies to the old gateway blue screen bootrom error bricks, that is the only use of a raspberry pi for unbricking, for normal blackscreen/CFW bricks the raspberry pi is useless and serves no purpose, without a nand backup your pretty much up shit creek without a paddle, which is why pretty much every guide ever instructs people to make a nand dump (read paddle) incase you ever end up down shit creek

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! A friend offered me an old NAND extraction! So I'll be fine if I need to use the Raspberry Pi method.

In the meantime, I still haven't had time to update my 3DS, is that still a good idea? And would that affect my 3DS, or should it be fine?
no NAND is console generated. meaning you can't use a different consoles nand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you made an emunand you can flash that over, otherwise I know one very very complicated way but It's something I know a little about and can only do a little. That is live edit your nand in a hex editor. I'm okay at it but good luck.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no NAND is console generated. meaning you can't use a different consoles nand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you made an emunand you can flash that over, otherwise I know one very very complicated way but It's something I know a little about and can only do a little. That is live edit your nand in a hex editor. I'm okay at it but good luck.
wtf are you talking about can you please stop posting here. Your giving this kid false hope first you say "oh you dont need a nand backup just use a rpb to flash firm1 to firm0" which i dont even know what your talking about. Now your saying to use a hex editor to mess with the nand backup which the nand is encrypted so please elaborate how you decrypted the nand then after you fucked around with the hex editor you re-encrypted the dump then flashed it to your 3ds??! Your talking out your ass

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can send it to Nintendo and they can fix it
It's better then a console that can't even turned on.
They will deny the repair and send it back to him

This will not work Nand's are console unique and cannot be swapped

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
wtf are you talking about can you please stop posting here. Your giving this kid false hope first you say "oh you dont need a nand backup just use a rpb to flash firm1 to firm0" which i dont even know what your talking about. Now your saying to use a hex editor to mess with the nand backup which the nand is encrypted so please elaborate how you decrypted the nand then after you fucked around with the hex editor you re-encrypted the dump then flashed it to your 3ds??! Your talking out your ass
You can flash emunand to sysnand you know.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yes i do know that but what he is telling this kid doesnt make any sense. Read his previous postings
The post that you quoted where you told him off, he was saying you can use an emuNAND backup, which is true. It looked like you were exploding at him for saying something true. Perhaps a poor choice of quote :-)

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The post that you quoted where you told him off, he was saying you can use an emuNAND backup, which is true. It looked like you were exploding at him for saying something true. Perhaps a poor choice of quote :-)
ok your right. Yes you can flash emunand to sysnand ive done it before but he said yesterday that he can just use a rbp to flash firm1 to firm0 which is incorrect. Rbp can only unlock locked nands

Ninje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only solution is the recovery mode, has nand restoration without having your own backup of the nand if the nand for your friend or the recovery mode will work!

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I'm just talking about what i know... I use a hex editor to edit my nand everyday practically. I know a little more than what you think there buddy. But hey, i'll stop helping. I mean I won't loose any sleep over it :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Man, I'm just talking about what i know... I use a hex editor to edit my nand everyday practically. I know a little more than what you think there buddy. But hey, i'll stop helping. I mean I won't loose any sleep over it :P
You didn't seem to know the difference between a hard brick and a locked NAND though.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you havent helped this guy at all. You havent shown any proof in any statement you have made besides flashing his emunand to sysnand. Your basically saying look what i can do and you guys cant your full of it. I will admit I'm not not great at software side of stuff but I'm very good with hardware and soldering. Mostly Gcvideo-lite and gcvideo-dvi for gamecube which ive built for people apon request. Anyway you havent pointed him anywhere to some kind of guide to help him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom