Hacking Hardware flasher(s) for a CECHA/B?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I admit I probably haven't looked at this stuff in a long time.

I know that the E3 flasher is the most famous, and it looked attractive for having a no-solder solution available back then. However, said solution was only valid on a slim... and didn't really find anything that seemed to have the same level of functionality on both a NOR-based PS3 as it would for any of the NAND-based PS3's (i.e. the models that still had some level of native PS2 BC).

So, have any of them improved enough to be no-solder on the NAND systems as well? For me, that would be the ideal, but I'd also just like to know if any of them have the same level of functionality with a NAND-based system as they would with a NOR-based system.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Not so far as I know, Progskeet, E3 and teensy++ still being the big name ones. In fact, Progskeet are going in the opposite direction, moving away from solderless clips to quicksolder boards due to clips not having the best connections.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again, didn't the E3's no-solder setup for the slim just do it through the sata ports normally meant for the hard drive? After all, isn't that why it has that eSATA port as part of the kit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-