Hardmoding 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by doctordudenstein, Mar 1, 2017.

1. doctordudenstein
    OP

doctordudenstein Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey, I have a 3ds since a week and dont know much, so I stupidly updatet it to 11.3 and now all the exploits are fixed.
    I thougt about hardmodding, but does this work with 11.3? And how complicated is it to solder this? I have basic soldering knowledge and I often opened my old laptops and replaced something little like a deffect power supply but I never soldered something sensitive like hardware... should I do it?
    Can you give some advise or an article if neaccessary about soldering such sesitive Hardware, because I am 17 and dont have the money to buy another one if it breaks :D
    There are some videos how to hardmod this, but I want to be sure and practice a little bit before doing it..

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Hardmod downgrade was blocked in 11.3. You will be able to use a hardmod to install SigHax once it's released, though.

4. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    This is true, although wouldn't you need to have both arm11/arm9 kernel sploits for 11.3 to work? Once found that is, if they ever will.?

5. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Not with SigHax. You should be able to use the plaintext FIRM attack to write a sighaxed FIRM to the system with a hardmod, and it will "just work".

Kernel exploits are only needed if you want to install SigHax from 11.3 without a hardmod.

proflayton123 likes this.
  6. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Thank you for this response, what about Dsiwarehax method? Same principle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    DSiWareHax is effectively the same as a hardmod but without the modification, so it has the same limitations.

proflayton123 likes this.
  8. doctordudenstein
    OP

doctordudenstein Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Gambia, The
    And how long do you guess will it take to realise sighax. Theoretically Nintendo couldnt fix this exploit, or did they fix this too?

9. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Can't be fixed, there is no ETA. Have to dump bootrom first.. Once bootrom is dumped, game over for N.