Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
i got another hard game to play.

Jam with the Band/Diagasso Band Brothers DX on pro mode.

it's freaking impossible, especially if you make an uber custom song
What? Pro mode?

Master mode is the hardest mode. I can play almost 10 star parts on there, so it's actually not that hard.
Except on friggen Cave Story's title theme. That song is HARD.

You should get to master mode.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i meant the hardest mode.
biggrin.gif

i just forgot what it was called

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Commander Europe at War. Look that one up. Trust me, against me, you lose all the time. ALL the time.

I should mention I helped design the PC release it is a derivative of
smile.gif

Odds are most of you schmucks can't even beat the AI.

carlpk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantasy star zero. the hard part is that u have to level up alot to get further in the game.if ur weak lvl u die quickly

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
Dwight said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Dwight said:
Also I didn't think Bangai-O spirits was hard at all.
You have probably only played the first level.
I beat 99% of the game (there were a few puzzle levels that I couldn't handle) and I really enjoyed it. I never knew that people considered this game so challenging. It's one of my favorite DS games ever, and knowing that people have so much trouble with it makes me feel that much better about myself
smile.gif

99% of the game? im impressed (if true) iv beaten about 60% of the game but its not an easy game by any means but i do think its one of those games that looks alot harder than it is.

however if in that 99% of the game you beat stage 27 "the earth" id like to see proof because that level is SOLID
Okay it's probably more like 90%, but still I had no idea that people had so much trouble with this game. It's all about the right weapon combos.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Let's see, all the rouge-like games get a mention of course (Shiren, Izuna, Etrian, Spire, excluding Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon)

Bangai-O Spirits of course, and the SMT series also.

Rhythm Heaven. This game was so cute but even in all the cuteness, I wanted to throw my DS out the window.

Contra 4. This game is so not my type.

Raven1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting titles here. I didn't really have much problems with Bangai o Spirits - well, initially I struggled a fair bit because I didn't understand the basics. But then after awhile I got the drift and finished a lot of the levels (wasn't huge on the puzzleish ones.. i hated those moving block thingies -_-)

Again, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor I didn't find hard at all. Sure, there were a few frustrating missions, but nothing one or two skirmishes couldn't fix- they're there for a reason, after all. Strange Journey wasn't particularly hard either.. mainly because

It was not as hard as Etrian Oddysey.
As someone pointed out, yes, Etrian boils down to grinding a lot and you'll be fine. But I can't tell you how many times I was out grinding, was satisfied with progress, then randomly got raped on my way to healing/saving/etc.

Made me want to stab someone. But after awhile it isn't too bad.

I didn't mind Contra 4; it was a bit of a bitch though, especially because in those arcade'y kind of games i'm usually not too worried about dying until I realised I'd get nowhere in Contra if I didnt active try to dodge the hell out of everything. Even then I struggled
tongue.gif

I also did try out Dark Spire but didn't play it enough; mainly because I didn't feel like that 'hardcore' experience. (And the fact that that my starting party had like 5 hp each and it made me very uncomfortable when they went down...). But I guess the fact the hardcoreness put me off meant.. well, yeah, I found it hard. I remember getting wiped out on like, my third encounter with a random foe. It was embarrasing. I don't think I was playing it right XD

Henry Hatsworth starts off at a pretty good difficulty, but, towards the end, it pulls out some seriously unfair levels. Games pretty goddamn good though!
smile.gif

Out of all these, the game i probably had the most problem with was Dark Spire; perhaps because I didn't invest enough time in it. Although it did seem like a bitch anyway.

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon!! Because no matter how hard you try, or how strong your Pokemons are, you can never beat the game!!
biggrin.gif
well I'm playing Blaze Black atm Its got all the pokemon ever made hacked into it and all the gym leaders have 6 pokemon and the elite four and champ have all level 100 legendary poikemon so i cant wait to get some freetime to play it up to level 80 or 90 wild pokemon too but ive never had any problems beat a pokemon game.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just my list, even if some have already been said..
  • Bangai-O Spirits
  • Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
  • Mega Man Zero Collection
  • Aliens: Infestation
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters
  • Radiant Historia
  • Jam with the Band (but only on the songs with 9 or 10 stars in Master Mode)
  • Art Academy (but only if you're not artistically inclined)
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  • Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
  • Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
  • Ketsui Death Label
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
  • Retro Game Challenge
  • Trauma Center: Under the Knife
  • Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition Kazenban

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Shiren The Wanderer is pretty tough.
This. Unforgiving. Every time you brave the dungeons, you restart at level 1. Equipments are rare and hard to come by. And you can expect the game to throw you into situations where you're just screwed. Oh, and when you die, you lose EVERYTHING. you can go back for your equipments, it'll be there where you died, but so does the monsters that killed you.

But I like how it let's you survive tight spots using only smart usage of items.

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the game which surpasses even Etrian Odyssey, at least according to what I've read, I haven't gotten around to playing it. The Dark Spyre. It's supposedly so hardcore, that even reviving a character is so costly at the beginning that you may want to reload, not to say that the first fight can kill you more easily than in EO.

That aside, why do you all say Knights in the Knighmare is difficult? I'm now at stage 6 or 7 and have gotten though the game like a breeze, and only missed one or two unlockable knights because I didn't get the key item(s) which are really hard to get in one of the first stages.
ill have to try that dark spyre game but yeah knights in the kinghmare is easy for me to not played it much but what i have played is quite easy but fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...