End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
Shiren The Wanderer is pretty tough.
+1. at the start, it's not actually that hard, fairly simple and straightforward to play, but IT IS BRUTAL. it is definitely unforgiving of even the tiniest mistakes, and will not hesitate to make you despise the game. however, once you start playing like a paranoid, you'll get to appreciate how it feels like to get through one floor with you gear and sanity intact.

The Dark Spire, Etrian Oddysey series, SMT Strange Journey are all hard as well, but more so for Dark Spire and Etrian Oddysey, mainly because the first few fights will probably hurt or kill you outright.

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
MMZC +1 if you're trying to get 'S' rank
ph34r.gif

after 3 days on MMZ1, I'm still in the mission of the bombs on the factory
hate2.gif
, I've played before on my PC, but I'd never care of the ranks untill now
yaynds.gif

on the other hand, the MMZX are the most easy MM I've ever played
wtf.gif

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh god yes, Dark Spire was hellaciously hard. There'd be things you *have* to do to progress in the game, I mean really obscure crap that a person who's played RPG for years would never think of! I used a walkthrough to get through it...didn't feel like bursting a vein...

Yup, Contra 4 was hard

Etrian Odyssey was okay until the final boss for me.

Mega Man Zero 1 I blame for me having to replace my directional button on my DS. It was the GBA version, but still...I'm not looking forward to playing the rest anytime soon.
tongue.gif

Izuna the Unemployed Ninja was kinda hard too, esp. the secret dungeon...

The final fight in Elite Beat Agents was brutal! (Used save states to beat it by breaking it down into parts)

The Legend of Kage 2...probably just me...I don't like games that rely on technique too much.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, Etrian Oddessy isn't necessarily hard, it just requires a shit load of grinding and a shit load of time. Also I didn't think Bangai-O spirits was hard at all, I just fucking loved every second of it.

For me, I thought that pretty much every turn based strategy was hard (aside from Civilization Revolution, which is awesome) just because i suck at them.

Vyngard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
got hyped up from you guys and picked up etrian odyssey at gamestop here for 10€.. i will check that out tonight xD

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Bangai-O Spirits is the hardest DS game ever. Now, I never have trouble playing DS games unless they require being like a graduate of MIT like for Professor Layton or something.....

Fuck Bangai-O Spirits. I kept losing on the friggen tutorial. I couldn't beat even one level in free play, and I tried up to level 16. Unless I was given one slow-shooting enemy at a time, I died almost immediately.
The difficulty level and learning curve is so high, I still don't know how to do some things.

I must suck at the game, because it seems like even first time video game players pass at least one level of that.

EDIT: Seriously, if the player loses during the friggen tutorial, then they've made some hardcore Japan version monster hard difficulty there.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's an irritating trend that finally seems to be dropping off, but a lot of games are harder in the japanese versions. They get seriously nerfed when they're localized. Thankfully that trend is dying out...unfortunately the casual gamer trend is cropping up instead, but that's another issue.

I'm playing Etrian Odyssey II again beacuse I never finished it before and I got a harsh reminder of how hard it is as I made it through the opening newbie bit with 1 character alive at miniscule health o_o

I can't wait for Etrian Odyssey III though
biggrin.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Dwight said:
Also I didn't think Bangai-O spirits was hard at all.
You have probably only played the first level.
I beat 99% of the game (there were a few puzzle levels that I couldn't handle) and I really enjoyed it. I never knew that people considered this game so challenging. It's one of my favorite DS games ever, and knowing that people have so much trouble with it makes me feel that much better about myself
smile.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Dwight said:
I beat 99% of the game (there were a few puzzle levels that I couldn't handle) and I really enjoyed it. I never knew that people considered this game so challenging. It's one of my favorite DS games ever, and knowing that people have so much trouble with it makes me feel that much better about myself
smile.gif
WHAT?! HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE 99%!?
I can't even finish the fucking tutorial.

You must be a fricken asian.
wacko.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dwight said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Dwight said:
smile.gif

99% of the game? im impressed (if true) iv beaten about 60% of the game but its not an easy game by any means but i do think its one of those games that looks alot harder than it is.

however if in that 99% of the game you beat stage 27 "the earth" id like to see proof because that level is SOLID

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got another hard game to play.

Jam with the Band/Diagasso Band Brothers DX on pro mode.

it's freaking impossible, especially if you make an uber custom song

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries