Hardcoded Keybinds in PC port of Mega Man X Legacy Collection

JazzPlaysStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did a similar thread yesterday but maybe not a whole lot of people got the gist of what was my problem about.
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 have a hardcoded keybinds that include ASDFZXCV as well as the arrow keys. It's really hard for me to play these games because of this (I use WASD for movement, H for dash, J for jump, K for action (Buster Shot/Z-Saber Slash), L for special weapons or basic actions (because at least X8 worked like that for me on PCSX2 emulator), Q and E to cycle through the weapons (for X8, E is for player change and Q is for Double Attack. I and O are used to change weapons instead)

I wouldn't complain if I had a controller, though...
So, I think you see my problem.

This game has a config.ini file that only responds to changing the controller button mappings. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me.
Because of this file, I don't think AutoHotKey might work, though ^^;
Is there an other way to change the hardcoded keys?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This issue is present on the Megaman Collection for GameCube. The only "solution" I know for that one is a patch for the ISO (not for the game disk itself).

Might be possible to create a patch for Legacy Collection 1/2, but there is some prior research required.

JazzPlaysStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This issue is present on the Megaman Collection for GameCube. The only "solution" I know for that one is a patch for the ISO (not for the game disk itself).

Might be possible to create a patch for Legacy Collection 1/2, but there is some prior research required.
Well, I'm not emulating X Legacy Collection, I bought it off Steam.
This collection was out for 2 years if not more already. I'm suprised this problem still is not solved.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I'm not emulating X Legacy Collection, I bought it off Steam.
This collection was out for 2 years if not more already. I'm suprised this problem still is not solved.

The mentioned "solution" applies to emulated games as well as non emulated ones.

The button configuration issue is present in most (if not all) MegaMan released games for PC (Steam or not).

The problem as we call it is not such for the devs/publisher, because that was the way MegaMan was configured in Asia, so I don't think they are planning to "solve it".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc