Hacking X7 text files in Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2

RetroChocolate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in trying to get Mega Man X7 running with Japanese audio, English text, and correct damage values.

Unlike X8, which already has an undub patch, X7 does not, likely because the USA version already has dual audio. However, the USA version of X7 has the damage values decreased, in some sort of attempt to make the game "harder". Of course, this doesn't actually make the game that mush harder, it just means the enemies take an obnoxiously long time to kill, ruining the pacing of the game.

Basically, I want to either add the English text to the Japanese version of the game, or add the Japanese voices to the UK version of the game.
Right now, the former seems more likely. So far, I've attempted to change out the English audio files with the Japanese ones. There appear to be two files relating to the audio, sbkr and srqr files that appear to somehow direct the game to the audio files or some sort of info about the audio files, and xsew files, the actual audio itself. Unfortunately, the english audio files don't seem to match up with the Japanese ones. Some folders have more Japanese audio files than English, and vice versa. Furthermore, I managed to get the Japanese audio running in one of the cutscenes in the UK version, but the audio didn't match up with the correct lines, likely due to text speed (for reference, the lines play at the correct time in the USA version when Japanese audio is selected).

As far as i can tell, it would likely be easier to change out the text files. The text files seem to be contained in the .arc files in the ...\Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2\nativeDX10\X7\romPC folder, but I can't figure out how to extract these files.

shaum257

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
If you type on Google "nexusmods arc extractor and repacker and image viewer" and hit enter, it should be the first option which you must click on which will lead you to the nexusmods website, from where you can download the arc extractor tool.

It would be awesome if you manage to complete this X7 text files hacking so that the game is playable in Japanese with English text, and then release it for everyone to enjoy!!! I wish you best of luck!!!:)

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill