Hardware Hard drive wipe help

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Gpart Iso on my friends laptop with a broken screen modified to work with a tv without the screen to try to see bios worked once then move usb up the list of boot saved and booted it back up and it didn't work and now bios won't show up on my tv now when i boot it in bios the reason Im using Gpart iso is to wipe his hard drive and some of my ps3 and xbox 360 drives any suggestions

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If you just want to wipe it to use for something else, it’s easiest to take the drive out and use a USB adapter.

If you want to wipe it for disposal, you can use DBAN either by CD or USB to securely nuke any data on the drives, but it’ll take hours.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
It's pretty weird that you can't seem to boot into BIOS anymore. All I can suggest that you remove any USB drives, remove the battery and, while it's unplugged, hold the power button for a moment, then plug it in and try booting again. Unlikely it'll do anything, but it's worth a shot.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty weird that you can't seem to boot into BIOS anymore. All I can suggest that you remove any USB drives, remove the battery and, while it's unplugged, hold the power button for a moment, then plug it in and try booting again. Unlikely it'll do anything, but it's worth a shot.
I already fixed it and I no longer need help

Reactions: Catastrophic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal