Hard drive not functioning correctly?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RollingThunder, Nov 13, 2010.

Nov 13, 2010
  1. RollingThunder
    OP

Newcomer RollingThunder Member

United States
    Hey there everyone. I recently bought a new 1 TB Western Digital Elements hard drive to use for my USB Loader on my Wii. I have tried formatting it to WBFS to play my .iso Wii games, but I just can't format it... I double partitioned my hard drive so I could use it for both school and my Wii, if that helps with anything.

If someone could please help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    It is recommended not to use wbfs-Partitions any more. Format the partition you want to use for backup (I think it must be the first one) as FAT32 and use wbfs_file (command-line tool) of WiiBackupManager to convert your .isos to .wbfs-Files. There are other tools that can do that, but that are the two I know (WiiBackupManager seems to call it simulated wbfs drives). That files need then be put in a folder with the name wbfs on the backup partiton of your HDD.

3. RollingThunder
    OP

United States
    Okay, so I understood that a little bit, but not completely... Could you explain it more? I'm not really tech savvy at this kind of stuff...

4. RollingThunder
    OP

United States
    Is there any other way that I can get my hard drive to FAT32? Because right now, it's on NTFS and there is no FAT32 option...

5. RollingThunder
    OP

United States
    I actually just got it to FAT32, so no more worries there. [​IMG]