Hard Drive Enclosure Compatibility Issues [intermittent]

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Dr Eggman, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Dr Eggman
    OP

Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Jul 12, 2008
    Canada
    Eggmanland! (Toronto IRL)
    Hey everyone,

Long story short, I took my old laptop hard drive out, and formatted it to use with USB loaders. It's a 320GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue, connected via IDE (PATA), to some chinese enclosure I had lying around years ago. It identifies to the computer as "Super 2.0 IDE Device" something like that, lol.

Currently the hard drive is set up into 2 partitions - 1 FAT32 and then 1 NTFS for data. Now, the problem is, I cannot get my USB loaders to read any data. I do know it IS readable on the Wii because I can launch apps from HBC from the USB, and in addition, WiiXplorer is able to see ALL the data on both of the partitions. I don't know what is wrong. Dios Mios Booter sees the games, but when trying to launch, only leaves a black screen.

Running d2x v10r52 base 56 on IOS249, d2x v10 r52 base 57 on IOS250 (Just Dance 2014 compatibility)

I wouldn't like to buy a new enclosure, in case it doesn't work, so does anyone know an enclosure that will? Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice