Hacking Hard drive deteriorating?

meornot0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i have a 750 GB HD formated wbfs. I have noticed that some games that used to work now will not get past certain parts of the game.

example: NSMB wii freezes on level 2 load.
Rayman Raving Rabids 2 freezes on ubisoft logo.

Is it the wbfs filesystem or the hard drive?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Backup everything down, and format it in NTFS/FAT (do not use quick format, do a full/long one), and then re-format it in WBFS.

There might be some issue with the Filesystem that a full format (and re-partitioning!) might solve.

You could also just plug it in your PC and use an app like SpeedFAN to check its S.M.A.R.T. status to see if it is really deteriorating.

meornot0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Backup everything down, and format it in NTFS/FAT (do not use quick format, do a full/long one), and then re-format it in WBFS.

There might be some issue with the Filesystem that a full format (and re-partitioning!) might solve.

You could also just plug it in your PC and use an app like SpeedFAN to check its S.M.A.R.T. status to see if it is really deteriorating.
Is there a linux version of that app? I only use windows for games. Thanks for the help!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
meornot0 said:
raulpica said:

Is there a linux version of that app? I only use windows for games. Thanks for the help!
If you're on Ubuntu, I'm pretty sure the Disk Janitor (I hope this is the correct name!) does that too.

Otherwise, try to get smartmontools.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd ditch the WBFS files system entirely, there's no maintainence tools or ability to check the files properly so it's rather dangerous. Move to FAT or NTFS and do some scans and checks with your PC.

meornot0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apoptygma said:
I'd ditch the WBFS files system entirely, there's no maintainence tools or ability to check the files properly so it's rather dangerous. Move to FAT or NTFS and do some scans and checks with your PC.
Ok, i will try that. Thanks to anyone who replied to this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol