‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What do you guys do during Eid anyway?
Curious really, since for me End of Ramadan = No classes Yay.
I never bothered to ask my Muslim friends when I was still in HK.
ohmy.gif

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah eid was pretty divided this year in the UK, some people who normally follow saudi did it a day after them and vice versa

thanks for all the replies!!

went out yesterday for a meal with friends, ended up at pizza hut lol then we had a game of bowlin

today going to a sheesha bar for some hookah with friends then tomorrow probably watch a film!

town centre and everywhere else is going to be packed today as the majority are doing eid today

yus786

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Eid mubarak!
smile.gif
 Yeah, it's screwed up here in my city. The north side is following Saudi, and the south side is following the moon sightings....so half the city is doing Eid today, while the other half is doing Eid tomorrow. Since I live in the south side, I gotta do it tomorrow. Ahh well....I wish they would come up with a consensus....

Eid Mubarak guys!

My girlfriend is Muslim and it currently getting all her clothes & stuff ready for tomorrow. She's very excited as she'll be spending the weekend with her family.

And I get to stay home and play Orange Box all weekend. YAY!Â
rofl2.gif

I find that quite ironic considering Muslims shouldn't be dating. Dating is not permissible in Islam.
lecture.gif

You should ask her about that
tongue.gif

I find it ironic that within the Qur'an is clearly states that you as a Muslim should not judge others and that ONLY God can judge people, unless YOU believe you are just as powerful as God and therefore have a right to pass such judgment?

No?

Then shhh...
wink2.gif

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eid mubarak!
smile.gif
  Yeah, it's screwed up here in my city.  The north side is following Saudi, and the south side is following the moon sightings....so half the city is doing Eid today, while the other half is doing Eid tomorrow.  Since I live in the south side, I gotta do it tomorrow.  Ahh well....I wish they would come up with a consensus....

Eid Mubarak guys!

My girlfriend is Muslim and it currently getting all her clothes & stuff ready for tomorrow. She's very excited as she'll be spending the weekend with her family.

And I get to stay home and play Orange Box all weekend. YAY! 
rofl2.gif

I find that quite ironic considering Muslims shouldn't be dating. Dating is not permissible in Islam.
lecture.gif

tongue.gif

I find it ironic that within the Qur'an is clearly states that you as a Muslim should not judge others and that ONLY God can judge people, unless YOU believe you are just as powerful as God and therefore have a right to pass such judgment?

No?

Then shhh...
wink2.gif

Pass judgement? lol Do you see anywhere in my comment where I said "so and so" is a bad Muslim? I simply stated a fact. Muslims shouldn't be involved in dating, since it is not permissible. And when I said "You should ask her about that"...even then I did not say "She's a bad Muslim"...I just said you should ask her
smile.gif

Please avoid jumping to conclusions which are invalid. Had I said "your girlfriend is a bad Muslim", then your comments would be valid. But since I didn't, they're not
smile.gif
Good day.

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eid mubarak!
smile.gif
 Yeah, it's screwed up here in my city. The north side is following Saudi, and the south side is following the moon sightings....so half the city is doing Eid today, while the other half is doing Eid tomorrow. Since I live in the south side, I gotta do it tomorrow. Ahh well....I wish they would come up with a consensus....

Eid Mubarak guys!

rofl2.gif

lecture.gif

tongue.gif

No?

Then shhh...
wink2.gif

Pass judgement? lol Do you see anywhere in my comment where I said "so and so" is a bad Muslim? I simply stated a fact. Muslims shouldn't be involved in dating, since it is not permissible. And when I said "You should ask her about that"...even then I did not say "She's a bad Muslim"...I just said you should ask her
smile.gif

Please avoid jumping to conclusions which are invalid. Had I said "your girlfriend is a bad Muslim", then your comments would be valid. But since I didn't, they're not
smile.gif
Good day.

the holy quran says your girlfriend is a bad muslim. honestly it does. but enough about that. ramadan is fucking insane for us warm blooded american's. i went over to the sandbox for awhile during ramadan. no smoking in public. the bars were closed until real late. you couldn't eat in public until like 6 pm or whatever. and what is worse. an american like myself had to actually follow these rules or i would be arrested. that shit would never fly in the US.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eid mubarak!
smile.gif

Eid Mubarak guys!

rofl2.gif

lecture.gif

tongue.gif

No?

Then shhh...
wink2.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Good day.

the holy quran says your girlfriend is a bad muslim. honestly it does. but enough about that. ramadan is fucking insane for us warm blooded american's. i went over to the sandbox for awhile during ramadan. no smoking in public. the bars were closed until real late. you couldn't eat in public until like 6 pm or whatever. and what is worse. an american like myself had to actually follow these rules or i would be arrested. that shit would never fly in the US.

When in Rome do like the Romans do
rofl2.gif

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Pass judgement? lol Do you see anywhere in my comment where I said "so and so" is a bad Muslim? I simply stated a fact. Muslims shouldn't be involved in dating, since it is not permissible. And when I said "You should ask her about that"...even then I did not say "She's a bad Muslim"...I just said you should ask her
smile.gif

Please avoid jumping to conclusions which are invalid. Had I said "your girlfriend is a bad Muslim", then your comments would be valid. But since I didn't, they're not
smile.gif
 Good day.

No I don't see anywhere where you said "so and so is a bad Muslim" but I can clearly read what you are implying.

Yes, you clearly stated the fact that Muslims shouldn't be dating.
Here's a few more facts for you; smoking, drinking, listening to stringed instruments, false idols (including photos of people), Halah food, Salah and Zakah to name but a few. I pray to God that you are sticking to all of these as I'm sure you'll read that Allah sure does hate a hypocrite.

I have a Degree in Islamic studies from SOAS university in London and have given speeches at both Regents Park and Finsbury Park mosque (about Islam and it’s use of the internet funny enough but mainly about music; Yusef Islam is a close personal friend of both me and my bad Muslim girlfriend) so I find 'You should ask her about that' quite patronising, especially on a website where I come to relax and chat about Nintendo DS. Being one of the ‘Children of the Book’ - I was just being friendly in wishing you all a Happy Eid. Something you’re now making me regret.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think