Gaming Happy birthday Windows.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We had some good times, some bad times, I ran away from you to Ubuntu, but I came back to game, some love you, some hate you, but you changed personal computing to a part of our lives.
19777118_6c0ea71bce.jpg

For the ones who want to know: It turned 25 today~!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hilarious Windows 1.0 commercial:

Said my comments in the other thread, but people who don't appreciate Windows obviously never had to use DOS. Yes, it has flaws and has annoyed the crap out of me some times over the years. But really, any OS has flaws, it's just a matter of which flaws you want to live with. For those who prefer linux or mac, more power to you.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
Said my comments in the other thread, but people who don't appreciate Windows obviously never had to use DOS. Yes, it has flaws and has annoyed the crap out of me some times over the years. But really, any OS has flaws, it's just a matter of which flaws you want to live with. For those who prefer linux or mac, more power to you.
QUOTEI don't know why people hate on windows. I love it.
Mainly because Microsoft gained their monopoly through unscrupulous business practices, backstabbing their partners one by one. Innovation came to a halt for many years because nobody could get the funding or support for a project to compete with them, and even if that hurdle was jumped Microsoft would utilized its monopoly to strong arm them out of the game. Microsoft literally set the PC software industry back 10 years.

As far as the DOS allusion, apples to oranges? Mac OS 1.0 came out a year prior to Windows 1.0, with a fully-functional GUI and was a far more stable and robust platform. It wasn't until 3.0 (5 years later) that Windows really brought their platform up to snuff.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Mainly because Microsoft gained their monopoly through unscrupulous business practices, backstabbing their partners one by one. Innovation came to a halt for many years because nobody could get the funding or support for a project to compete with them, and even if that hurdle was jumped Microsoft would utilized its monopoly to strong arm them out of the game. Microsoft literally set the PC software industry back 10 years.

As far as the DOS allusion, apples to oranges? Mac OS 1.0 came out a year prior to Windows 1.0, with a fully-functional GUI and was a far more stable and robust platform. It wasn't until 3.0 (5 years later) that Windows really brought their platform up to snuff.
xerox.gif
would like a word with you, Apple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun