Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
gifi4 said:
Elvarg said:
i still dont get if zelda is a girl and you play as link who is a boy is zelda link?
I did not understand that at all but if you mean: who is the boy? well it would be Link, and obviously the girl is Princess Zelda, hence the "Princess".
laugh.gif

Just think Mario. Mario is the person you play, but they could have name it after the person you save/work with.

"The Saving Of Peach"

Eh...

I like it!

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spooney, I see you're reading this too. Regardless, Happy Birthday, Zelda and Link!

I need to finish Wind Waker... Stupid Gohdan...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT GUYS FINISH WINDWAKER!?!?!?!

And I have lots of find memories....cuckoo swarm..... abusing lv2 fire rods in 4 swords..... abusing bomb arrows in twilight princess......possessing seagulls in wind waker.....the awesome kill shot in wind waker ......the hookshot from ocarina of time...the double hookshot from twilight princess.......and the general badassness of fierce deity in majora's mask

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
My memories are mainly in OoT. I spent a shitload of time with that game. Finishing it more than one time and actor hacking. Fun times, really.

And I never liked how feminine Link looks.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
mezut360 said:
i loled at zelda kart
tongue.gif

Zelda Kart would SO pwn! Someone should take some Twilight Princess models and stick them in Mario Kart just to see the reaction.
yaywii.gif

Zelda Kart would be epic, bring a few of the crap CD-I characters for some laughs as secret characters and it would be good for a laugh as well. I wouldn't mind playing as Morshu for the lulz.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Twilight, Majora and Ocarina. Best Zelda´s ever!

Happy birthday Link and Zelda. Where are your baby photos? I could not find them since your already grown up!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tanoshii_ryu said:
KingVamp said:
gifi4 said:
Elvarg said:
i still dont get if zelda is a girl and you play as link who is a boy is zelda link?
I did not understand that at all but if you mean: who is the boy? well it would be Link, and obviously the girl is Princess Zelda, hence the "Princess".
laugh.gif

Just think Mario. Mario is the person you play, but they could have name it after the person you save/work with.

"The Saving Of Peach"

Eh...

I like it!
More like Peach Savior! or The Legend Peach or maybe just Peach.
tongue.gif

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
I played and finished Ocarina of Time in 2005. Ahh, my first Zelda game (Yeah, I was late to the party)

To be honest, I haven't played that many Zelda's (OoT, Tp, St, and Ph) but that's enough for me to say I'm a fan of the series.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zelda is a special game for me. The first one I played was The Legend of Zelda, on PC. (The same one as NES). It was fucking amazing, even on that time, I loved the musics and the dungeons. After that, I played A Link to the Past, my favourite Zelda even now. Everything on that game was amazing.

Then it comes OoT... I will admit, I didn't like it so much, I never finished it, but I'm willing to give a second chance for it on 3DS, since the remake looks better than the N64 one. I was busy playing Mario 64 and Mario Party/Goldeneye with my friends that I didn't even noticed OoT or Majora's Mask. (that and PSOne being my console).

After ignoring all of the 3D Zelda's, I wanted to give the portable ones a shot. I've finished only Zelda DX but I'm still playing the others, all of em are really cool. I've finished ALTTP on GBA and Four Swords too, that game was specially amazing, since the co-op was really fun. The GC one is so difficult to acquire/play (since you have gba's, a GC and the game itself) that I've ignored it totally too, it's a shame they don't make games like that anymore (at least as bonus).

The DS ones I'm still on hold, since I'm playing Wind Waker emulated on my PC. I'll say that this game really make me love 3D Zeldas, it's so refreshing and it's visuals are so clean. The music is spetecular, I think it'll be my most loved 3D Zelda (I've already saw Twilight Princess, and I dunno if I'll like it...).

Congratulations Nintendo, for making a series that's so much fun to play.

But I'm waiting for Castlevania 25th anniversary even more than this. =P

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maedhros: WindWaker is definitely the best 3D IMO. OoT and Majora's Mask definitely tie in second place. DS ones aren't as fun as the GB/GGBC/GBA versions. If I were you, I would just skip the DS versions.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My best memory of Zelda is of my old friend Liam being stuck on the Water Temple for months. Seriously, every single day he'd come in bitching and moaning. So I finally offered to help him after school. Took me about 5 seconds to figure out you could go under the block in the central tower to get the key he'd missed. He felt like such a tool. And rightly so.

Shockingly I've never finished many of the Zelda games.

- Original, never played for very long TBH.
- Zelda 2, got stuck and bored about 3 hours in.
- Finished LTTP countless times, is fuckin' awesome. Still have on SNES somewhere, I think. Or was that the one I sold to Jamstruth? I forget
unsure.gif

- Finished Link's Awakening, although it took me about a week to figure out you had to kill the bat, rabbit and knight in order. Never thought to check the bloody tablet, did I? I was only little. I also finished the ROM hack named 'Link Gets Laid' in which all dialogue is swapped out for foul language and your weapons are various marital aids. It's not as funny as it sounds, to be honest.
- Finished Ocarina of Time so many times I've bought myself an actual Ocarina of Time (the actual instrument, although obviously not the EXACT one, however fuckin' A that would be) so I have new challenges in that area. Saria's Song is kinda difficult.
- Finished Majora's Mask but never got the Fierce Deity mask.
- Never finished Wind Waker, got to the penultimate dungeon and totally lost interest.
- Finished the Oracle games, they rule, play them now if you never have, seriously, they fuckin' rule.
- Never finished Twilight Princess. Got to the sky dungeon and dad started being a dick and not letting me use the Wii any more, so I sold all my Wii games.
- Played the CDi games for as long as I could physically tolerate them. About six minutes. I then spent four weeks in hospital shitting out blood by the pint.
- Never played Four Swords.
- Finished Minish Cap...I think. Can't remember. I think I did. Will go finish it now just to be certain.

What else is there?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First Zelda game I've played was Zelda II. In 2004. I also remember playing Minish Cap up to the Fire Temple. And I remember playing Twilight Princess when it came out up to the part where Link turns into a wolf (and my old CRT TV completely dying at that point. It turned off while I was playing and never turned back on after that).

I don't think I've beaten any Zelda game though.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Incidentally on this day 58 years ago, the structure of DNA was discovered.

But I would also like to emphasize that it wasn't discovered by Twat-son and Prick. They stole the discovery from Rosalind Franklin.

Regardless of who discovered the structure of DNA, Zelda has impacted my life more than DNA has
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i remember playing the first zelda on my old 17 inch color tv. i ordered the nintedo power strategy guide, it was pocket sized. i also had the map hanging across two handles on my dresser, right under my tv. i had such a hard time with the last dungeon until a friend of mine showed me the trick for getting through it. years later i replayed the game countless times and always beat it without losing a life. now in 2011, i can't remember how to get through the last dungeon, lol =)

i have played, and beat, every zelda except for the wii releases (mostly because i hate the wii and abhor the gimmick that it is -- but that’s another discussion). i've played through a link to the past on each of my handhelds (gba, micro, sp, dingoo systems, gemei, etc). zelda is the one series that i always bought the actual carts for. i still have my original boxes as well!

the real treat with the games has been replaying them on nds emulators. zelda on the scds2, the gbc games on lameboy, zelda I and II on nesds, etc. for some reason the zelda series of games never get old to me.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM