Homebrew HANS as CIA ?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you start up homebrew launcher first thing when starting up your 3DS (im sysnand mode), then you won't see any of those installed .cias because sig check patches aren't enabled.

You have to start up a CFW, either in sysnand mode or emunand mode, /then/ access homebrew launcher, to access installed .cias on sysnand or emunand respectively.

That was one detail I missed. Nice catch.

Reactions: BeefBaby

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you start up homebrew launcher first thing when starting up your 3DS (im sysnand mode), then you won't see any of those installed .cias because sig check patches aren't enabled.

You have to start up a CFW, either in sysnand mode or emunand mode, /then/ access homebrew launcher, to access installed .cias on sysnand or emunand respectively.
Alright that worked thanks. Is it possible in the future for shortcuts on emunand for HANS? Also a cia hans would be so helpful.

D

Deleted-236924

Why not modify the homebrew launcher cia to open hans' 3dx instead of the Homebrew Loader's 3dx?
You know, we could just rename hans.3dsx to boot.3dsx and stick it at the root of our SD card, but we would still need a way to select which title HANS boots.
Why not just boot HBL and then start up HANS from the HBL? Seems like a lot of work to make something we can already get.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, we could just rename hans.3dsx to boot.3dsx and stick it at the root of our SD card, but we would still need a way to select which title HANS boots.
Why not just boot HBL and then start up HANS from the HBL? Seems like a lot of work to make something we can already get.
Yeah, forgot that renaming it works.. Eh, someone could be able to select titles if we compile the hbl with the ability to load hans.3dsx at boot and have hans load boot.3dsx for the titles (If it even does that.)

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just want this console to be the best ever. :D

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could possibly have a modified version of the homebrew menu that automatically loads hans...
Also, not sure if it's just me, but hans freezes in emunand when trying to load titles. I use the gird launcher on rxTools

D

Deleted-236924

You could possibly have a modified version of the homebrew menu that automatically loads hans...
Also, not sure if it's just me, but hans freezes in emunand when trying to load titles. I use the gird launcher on rxTools
It works for me, so I'm not entirely sure what would cuase a problem on your side.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was one detail I missed. Nice catch.
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me (it gets stuck on a yellow screen). Is it because I load the launcher with HBLauncher Loader in emuNAND?

Edit: Never mind. It turns out it is a HANS compatibility thing.

Last edited by MushGuy,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So, if I was lazy and didn't want to have to open homebrew menu to use hans each time, could I theoretically take the HBL cia, unpack it, redirect what files it loads (to 3ds/hans or maybe just to files I lazily put in the root), change the title ID, slap on a new picture and sound and rebuild it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, if I was lazy and didn't want to have to open homebrew menu to use hans each time, could I theoretically take the HBL cia, unpack it, redirect what files it loads (to 3ds/hans or maybe just to files I lazily put in the root), change the title ID, slap on a new picture and sound and rebuild it?
Hex edit the payload on your SD card, and replace boot.3dsx with something else (needs to be the same length)
You can unpack the CIA or compile from source code if you want another title ID/logo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network? +2