OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sourcy from a few days ago

QUOTE said:
According to a financial report filed by EA today, the publisher is working on handheld versions of the revitalised series in addition to the console and PC iterations previously announced.

Specific platforms are not discussed in the report, though use of the term 'handheld' implies PSP and DS.

Given EA's desire to support PSP in recent months with Army of Two: The 40th Day and Dante's Inferno, a version for Sony's handheld seems probable.

A DS release could be in the cards too, if only as a way of competing with rival franchise Call of Duty. EA has made it clear it wishes to take down publisher Activision; as such, a DS version could be more a tactic distraction than serious sales pitch.

Not mentioned in the report is the possibility of an iPhone and iPod touch version. The popularity of the devices make it an attractive proposition, particularly given the success of first-person shooters N.O.V.A. and Eliminate.

Medal of Honor is scheduled for release in autumn 2010.

I always wanted a Medal of Honour (I refuse to use the American spelling
tongue.gif
) for the DS, I just hope they get someone good to do it if it happens. As for PSP...well Army of Two got boring after a bit but I did actually enjoy the to MoH games that are already on it. Would seem off that EA do PSP versions of games and not Wii versions, would spread out development costs.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I gotta say, I enjoyed Medal of Honour a bit because of the multiplayer, but the lack of decent controls killed the rest of the game for me.

EDIT: Heck, it would be way better on the DS than the PSP.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought CoD4 and CoD6 worked pretty well on the DS. I wasn't too fond of CoD5 for some reason. Anyway, hopefully they can be pretty high quality games, since handheld FPS games can actually work.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i bet the DS can handle FPS games better (controls wise) although the PSP would give a better experience (graphically obviously)
MoH is gonna be a great competitor of CoD on the DS cuz its absolutely great on the DS (every release)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since