Hacking Halp!

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Okay so my dad wanted to surprise my little brother and get him a 3DS XL for his birthday, and he got him this weird R4 SDHC it's a dual-core smart update card, and I have no idea how it works, I tried visiting the website but nothing really came to clarify what the hell is this, and whether it can play DS and 3DS games or not.. please help..

here's the website: www.r4isdhc.com

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so my dad wanted to surprise my little brother and get him a 3DS XL for his birthday, and he got him this weird R4 SDHC it's a dual-core smart update card, and I have no idea how it works, I tried visiting the website but nothing really came to clarify what the hell is this, and whether it can play DS and 3DS games or not.. please help..

here's the website: www.r4isdhc.com
It can only play DS games.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ninja'd by above, but yes, DS flashcart.
You can maybe use it to install MSET and get the free CFW so you can pirate some games (if the flashcard isn't blocked in 4.5 that is)

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So basically, this card can be made to play pirated 3DS roms? And I assume it's the same case with PSP and PS3, where I can't play online right? My system software is 8.1.0, is there any way to make this happen? I am a total noobie when it comes to 3DS, can you please help me out?
Here's the inside of the micro SD card connected to the flashcart, it came this way.
One more thing, when I plug the flashcart into my cartridge place, whatever its name is :P, it says nothing detected in game cartridge
dslLE7l.png

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So basically, this card can be made to play pirated 3DS roms? And I assume it's the same case with PSP and PS3, where I can't play online right? My system software is 8.1.0, is there any way to make this happen? I am a total noobie when it comes to 3DS, can you please help me out?
Here's the inside of the micro SD card connected to the flashcart, it came this way.
One more thing, when I plug the flashcart into my cartridge place, whatever its name is :P, it says nothing detected in game cartridge
dslLE7l.png

Good, you're on 8.1. You could try using Gateway Go to downgrade to 4.5 and install CFW from there.

Reactions: SlayerSage

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Good, you're on 8.1. You could try using Gateway Go to downgrade to 4.5 and install CFW from there.

I googled Gateway Go, it's apparently an android app? And how does one go about getting that CFW? And like which one should I get, and if do manage to get one, I can play online even with the 3DS roms? Sorry I ask too much, I'm a total noobie as stated.

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And how does one go about getting that CFW? And like which one should I get, and if do manage to get one, I can play online even with the 3DS roms? Sorry I ask too much, I'm a total noobie as stated.

You can play online but 7.X+ games won't work. Use your google-fu to find palantine's cfw thing.

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks! So this will solve my problem, assuming I manage to downgrade to 4.5 and then get the CFW, and how do i know which games are 7.x? Or did you mean these games won't work online, or they won't work at all?

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks! So this will solve my problem, assuming I manage to downgrade to 4.5 and then get the CFW, and how do i know which games are 7.x? Or did you mean these games won't work online, or they won't work at all?

Won't work at all. My favourite CIA site(you don't want .3DS/.3DZ roms, but CIA roms) usually states that something will work with CFW something won't.

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Won't work at all. My favourite CIA site(you don't want .3DS/.3DZ roms, but CIA roms) usually states that something will work with CFW something won't.

I see.. thanks! So last thing, isn't it easier for me if I just bought a Gateway card? Assuming that Gateway card plays everything and anything without the need of going through the hassle I'm going through?

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see.. thanks! So last thing, isn't it easier for me if I just bought a Gateway card? Assuming that Gateway card plays everything and anything without the need of going through the hassle I'm going through?

You could, but I don't really like GW and the piracy thing they've got going. I only use CFW for my legal backups and homebrews.

SlayerSage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't know how old your little Brother is, but if he is too young i wouldn't use CFW, because it's Not that easy to use. For example, if He wants to launch a cia when Not in rednand He could delete it.

He's 10, and he won't be playing much, besides, he isn't that dumb :P And eventually I'll take over his 3DS, mwahahahahaha. But yeah, thanks.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a different but very similar r4. They can be finiky sometimes. Try cleaning the contacts and updating the .dat file from the website.

Your best bet is to go over to the DS forums and ask about it there. Good luck.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night