Halp!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SlayerSage, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Okay so my dad wanted to surprise my little brother and get him a 3DS XL for his birthday, and he got him this weird R4 SDHC it's a dual-core smart update card, and I have no idea how it works, I tried visiting the website but nothing really came to clarify what the hell is this, and whether it can play DS and 3DS games or not.. please help..

here's the website: www.r4isdhc.com

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It can only play DS games.

3. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Ninja'd by above, but yes, DS flashcart.
    You can maybe use it to install MSET and get the free CFW so you can pirate some games (if the flashcard isn't blocked in 4.5 that is)

4. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    So basically, this card can be made to play pirated 3DS roms? And I assume it's the same case with PSP and PS3, where I can't play online right? My system software is 8.1.0, is there any way to make this happen? I am a total noobie when it comes to 3DS, can you please help me out?
    Here's the inside of the micro SD card connected to the flashcart, it came this way.
    One more thing, when I plug the flashcart into my cartridge place, whatever its name is :P, it says nothing detected in game cartridge
    [​IMG]

5. AtlanticBit

AtlanticBit Yeh, fuck this

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE

Good, you're on 8.1. You could try using Gateway Go to downgrade to 4.5 and install CFW from there.

SlayerSage likes this.
  6. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    I googled Gateway Go, it's apparently an android app? And how does one go about getting that CFW? And like which one should I get, and if do manage to get one, I can play online even with the 3DS roms? Sorry I ask too much, I'm a total noobie as stated.

7. AtlanticBit

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    You can play online but 7.X+ games won't work. Use your google-fu to find palantine's cfw thing.

SlayerSage likes this.
  8. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Thanks! So this will solve my problem, assuming I manage to downgrade to 4.5 and then get the CFW, and how do i know which games are 7.x? Or did you mean these games won't work online, or they won't work at all?

9. AtlanticBit

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    Won't work at all. My favourite CIA site(you don't want .3DS/.3DZ roms, but CIA roms) usually states that something will work with CFW something won't.

SlayerSage likes this.
  10. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    I see.. thanks! So last thing, isn't it easier for me if I just bought a Gateway card? Assuming that Gateway card plays everything and anything without the need of going through the hassle I'm going through?

11. AtlanticBit

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    You could, but I don't really like GW and the piracy thing they've got going. I only use CFW for my legal backups and homebrews.

12. josamilu

josamilu GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Saturn is better than Jupiter :P
    I don't know how old your little Brother is, but if he is too young i wouldn't use CFW, because it's Not that easy to use. For example, if He wants to launch a cia when Not in rednand He could delete it.

13. josamilu

josamilu GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Saturn is better than Jupiter :P
    Yes

14. SlayerSage
    OP

SlayerSage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    He's 10, and he won't be playing much, besides, he isn't that dumb :P And eventually I'll take over his 3DS, mwahahahahaha. But yeah, thanks.

15. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
  16. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I have a different but very similar r4. They can be finiky sometimes. Try cleaning the contacts and updating the .dat file from the website.

Your best bet is to go over to the DS forums and ask about it there. Good luck.

MrJason005 likes this.