'Halo Infinite' delayed to 2021

halo infinite.JPG
Microsoft and 343 Industries are delaying their highly-anticipated next-gen title Halo Infinite. The news come from an announcement from Chris Lee, studio head for Halo Infinite, who mentions multiple factors as the reason behind the delay, including COVID-19.

“We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision,” reads the announcement. “The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.”

If you were thinking of getting an Xbox Series X for Halo Infinite, has this news altered your decision?

:arrow: SOURCE

James_

aka Underscore_, or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait to see the tweets from XBOX fans saying 'fuck XBOX i'm moving to PlayStation' again.

Although this is understandable (the game does need a bit of fixing, and of course, COVID), Halo Infinite is literally the main launch title for XSEX, and now they decide to delay it to later next year.

Last edited by James_,

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good news I guess, I was disappointed by the graphical aspect of the game it needs some refining for sure, the hype train is just gonna grow bigger tho, 343i better deliver or they'll lose the trust of the community forever...

Last edited by Idaho,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see the tweets from XBOX fans saying 'fuck XBOX i'm moving to PlayStation' again.

Although this is understandable (the game does need a bit of fixing, and of course, COVID), Halo Infinite is literally the main launch title for XSEX, and now they decide to delay it to later next year.

Yeah, this would be like being in a harem anime and the main girl is like a 3 or 4 out of 10, if that! Which would be really disappointing when the rule 34 scene plays out...

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Wonder If it Has Anything to do with the Bad Press ... most gamers wasn't impressed with the Graphics in the Video .... i thought it looked quite good myself but i do like Halo's in general ,,.. i like most any games with a grapple hooks ....... Halo open world with grapple hooks and im sold no doubt they will throw in a Battle Royal Mode .......... but i still play halo online on pc The Halo Collection is pretty sweet ...

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I Wonder If it Has Anything to do with the Bad Press ... most gamers wasn't impressed with the Graphics in the Video .... i thought it looked quite good myself but i do like Halo's in general ,,.. i like most any games with a grapple hooks ....... Halo open world with grapple hooks and im sold no doubt they will throw in a Battle Royal Mode .......... but i still play halo online on pc The Halo Collection is pretty sweet ...

I like Halo games in general, I don't think the graphics were looking good, mostly the flat ass textures and lack of animations from enemy characters, I think the game might have other issues we didn't see in the trailer, maybe they need to do more balancing for Heroic and Legendary, I know I'm not gonna enjoy the game if Heroic and Legendary aren't properly tuned...

Reactions: SuperDan

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No big surprise after the showing, the game is open world with dynamic lighting (textures were fine, they just looked bad due to the lighting) - this cannot be achieved on a game of this scale with teams working from home, as can be seen on the footage... Hate to say it but I suspect it won't be the only game to get pushed back.. Going on to announce Series X releasing in November is perhaps the odder move: without Halo, and by the looks of it, anything else to take its place, what's the point? (But if they don't release, and Sony carries on releasing the PS5, well there's the point I suppose...)

Reactions: Xabring

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Halo games in general, I don't think the graphics were looking good, mostly the flat ass textures and lack of animations from enemy characters, I think the game might have other issues we didn't see in the trailer, maybe they need to do more balancing for Heroic and Legendary, I know I'm not gonna enjoy the game if Heroic and Legendary aren't properly tuned...
Yeah its a fact i wasn't impressed by the graphics in the video its just looked a bit bland a bit oldskool xbox 360'ish ...Heroic and Legendary is the way to play any Halo ...

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
At this point, I’m convinced MS is just waiting for my Gamepass subscription to expire in early 2022 before releasing the game.

Although I wont be surprised if more games get delayed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1