Half Byte Loader revision 91 Released

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Another great release for the PSP homebrew scene today as homebrew coder extraordinaire wololo and his team releases an updated version of their Half Byte Loader project, the open source Homebrew Loader for the PSP that allows you to play homebrews on any PSP, including the PSP Go, running on firmwares up to 6.20.

"This new revision brings 2 major changes for the user: First, the menu is now a standard eboot. It means that if you are a homebrew coder, you can create your own menu with the usual SDK tools, and are not limited to the Patapon SDK anymore. Second, HBL is now able to come back to the menu once you quit a homebrew. This function is highly experimental for now, so don’t cry if the second homebrew you run doesn’t work as expected… This feature can be disabled by setting return_to_xmb_on_exit=1 in the file hbl/hbl_config.txt. I still recommend revision 85 for now if you are looking for maximum compatibility and performance, but revision 91 sure has some benefits."

For more information about the release, please read the README included in the file.
Download
Source

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
does this mean tht there is a possibility to run commercial games with this loader? or do games require something more like CFW
No, and there probably never will be

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
does this mean tht there is a possibility to run commercial games with this loader? or do games require something more like CFW

Yes, it will but you will have to wait for a very long time. Go with 5.50 Prometheus that run 6.20 fw games perfectly fine (No patched need).
smile.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Actually, No. It would not be possible i think. This is a user mode exploit. I think to load isos, it requires a kernal one.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love halfbyte loader on 6.20 i've been messing around with it ever since the helloworld x) Good work wololo if you ever come here and read this :wtf:
anyways can't wait for Picodrive with sound on hbl :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.